E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > Leasing 2010 328i X Drive in NY

11-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
jessea
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi

Leasing 2010 328i X Drive in NY

Hello all.

I will placing a factory order this week for a 2010 328i Xdrive sedan to lease this car for 3 years, 10k miles per year.

This is the configuration that I want:
Base MSRP $34,850
Space Gray Metallic $550
Saddle Brown Dakota Leather $0
Dark Burl Walnut wood trim $0
Sport Package $1,650
Navigation system $2,100
Power front seats with driver seat memory $995
Destination & Handling: $825
Total MSRP as Built $40,970 (Might add xenons to this configuration)

My contact from a leasing company quoted me a $510 per month lease INCLUDING NYC TAX with 0 down payment and only fees upfront. That's about $470 without tax
Do you think this is a good deal? All advice appreciated!

Last edited by jessea; 11-09-2009 at 08:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
jessea
Private
Rep

Also, the reason I am adding sports package is primarily because I want 17' all season wheels and tires. Is it possible to add them without getting the whole package?

Thanks a lot. I am a BMW newbie and have been researching like crazy!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
cgpublic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 A3 2.0T Quattro

Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessea View Post
Also, the reason I am adding sports package is primarily because I want 17' all season wheels and tires. Is it possible to add them without getting the whole package?
No, the 17" wheels + AS can only be configured from the factory with the Sport package. You can upgrade the wheels/tires post-delivery.

As an owner of an 08 328xi w/Sport, it is well worth the price for the upgraded wheels, sport seats and sport steering wheel.

Based on my configuration, also ordered from the factory, here are the options as rank valued after 18 months:

1. Heated Seats: A must for the Northeast
2. Sport: The 16" tires are too small and the standard seats and steering wheel are too generic.
3. Xenon: If you drive within the city, not as critical, but to me they are a true safety feature for unlit roads.

Everything else is more or less preference.

Your print states there is no charge for Dakota – is it part of the Value Package?

Also, you plan to drive MT in Manhattan? Good luck!

Past: 2008 E90 328xi | Montego Blue | Dakota Black | Brushed Aluminum
Packages & Options: Premium | Sport | Xenon | CA | Heated Seats | iPod
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
jessea
Private
Rep

cgpublic, I am not getting MT.

Yes, the dakota and heated seats are part of the value package which is currently free.

My current debate is whether or not to get Xenon (mostly for the cool factor, since I live within the 5 boroughs and unlit roads are rare) and the parking control since i was spoiled by the rear view camera in my last car.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
cgpublic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 A3 2.0T Quattro

Paddles and Xenon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessea View Post
cgpublic, I am not getting MT. Yes, the dakota and heated seats are part of the value package which is currently free. My current debate is whether or not to get Xenon (mostly for the cool factor, since I live within the 5 boroughs and unlit roads are rare) and the parking control since i was spoiled by the rear view camera in my last car.
In that case, you definitely want the Sport package because you also get the paddle shifters with the Sport steering wheel. The Value package includes Dakota, heated seats and the iPod/PMP USB connection, which is a very good value indeed.

Regarding Xenon & cool factor, the LCI (09/10) sedans feature the Corona rings without Xenon. Have the dealer show you both before you make a decision.

Personally, since you're already getting the Power seats, I would also consider the Premium package, and price it out both ways, with Premium and with Power, PDC, Xenon. The Bluetooth, Moonroof, and auto dimming mirrors are all worth it, and if you're financing, will be worth more via resale.

Last, check out the trim at your dealer: Dark Burl for class, or my preference, Aluminum for a sport look and a great contrast with Saddle.

Past: 2008 E90 328xi | Montego Blue | Dakota Black | Brushed Aluminum
Packages & Options: Premium | Sport | Xenon | CA | Heated Seats | iPod
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
jessea
Private
Rep

I am leasing the car and am not getting the premium package because I don't need any of the features from that package except the power seats. I since I'm not concerned with resale value, doesn't make sense for me.

Hmmmmm, I did not know that the regular headlights have the corona rings too. Then xenon might not be as important for me.....

As for trim, I prefer wood for a more luxurious feel
Appreciate 0