BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-27-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
Convertible
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

X1 Vs X3 thoughts.

Was heading to grocery store yesterday with my wife and daughter and drove by BMW dealer, well we hopped in and saw X1 and 5GT there, which both looked good. Well anyways as we have X3 in the family I was quite interested in the new X1. The car looks very sleek and the front that looks funny in the pictures looks nice in the flesh. (althought my american wife thinks both X1 and GT have now beaver tooth instead of the kidneys).

First impressions, the car is lower both in ground clearance and height, inside its not as roomy as in X3 cabin and you sit alot lower. Bonnet feels long and big which was nice. Boot was also smaller. Interior is like in any new bm's stylish and modern.

Verdict, well wait for the new X3 as X1 might be a little too small after the X3. But X1 is going to be a hit thats for sure, but will probably compete with touring owners rather than bigger sav/suv drivers.
E30 M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: X4 30d

I was also originally thinking X1, but as it does not have adapative cruise control in accessory list available, I will need to wait X3 (or 5-series).

Now been driving 3 years with adaptive cruise, so it's a absolute must in my next car also.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

any idea when X3 will get redesign ?
Appreciate 0