E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > V1 radar install codes keeping coming back even clearing them with BT?

10-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

V1 radar install codes keeping coming back even clearing them with BT?

So a week after getting the car I used the DIY on this forum to hardwire my V1 radar to the car. When i disconnected the over head console (sos, airbag, sunroof switch, mic) during the install the car detected an error with the system. Once i did the procedure for the V1 I connected everything back up and pressed the sos button to talk to the rep and that also cleared out the warning that was on my idrive. Everything works as it should.

While playing around with my BT cable I noticed that there were a few codes that came up that was related to the over head console so I cleared them. The strange thing is after i clear the codes I would run the diagnostic again and zero codes would come up but when i scan the car again a few days later all of the codes comes back.

My nav screen also went nuts once where the entire screen turned red and shut off. That code also comes back even after I clear it. All of the codes says its not currently present and everything works 100% in the car.

Any ideas? Are there certain codes that the BT cable can't clear?

Alan
      10-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Not that you probably want to hear this, but consider doing the fusebox installation. It takes maybe 10 minutes more to do, but never having to worry about tapping into sunroof console wires is a good thing to me. It also can be quickly and easily removed if you need to go to the dealer (takes me about 2 mins to remove the fuse-adapter and hide the phone cord).

In regards to the BT software, if the code keeps coming back, then something keeps tripping it.

GL man, hope you get it all figured out

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
whenasked
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplaya06 View Post
Not that you probably want to hear this, but consider doing the fusebox installation. It takes maybe 10 minutes more to do, but never having to worry about tapping into sunroof console wires is a good thing to me. It also can be quickly and easily removed if you need to go to the dealer (takes me about 2 mins to remove the fuse-adapter and hide the phone cord).

thumbsup:
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Yeah, id wire it into the fusebox. I wouldnt mess with splicing wires into other areas of the car. Just get an add a fuse from radioshack.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

And anytime you do electrical work, disconnect the battery first...
Appreciate 0