E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Finally fixed my PDC!

10-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
eNuff
Rep
Drives: 328i Sport Wagon

Finally fixed my PDC!

I replaced my stock stereo with a JVC KDAVX-77 so that I could add a rear camera:

One of the side effects was that I lost the PDC since the PDC used the stock stereo for the chimes. After searching around, I decided to try the Connects2 Reverse Sensor Interface:

Unfortunately, after installing it the beeping was MUCH TOO LOUD. I e-mailed Connects2 and they said that the product matches the cars standard volume and if it is too loud then the car has an amplified system and the Connects2 isn't compatible with that.

Nice.

My solution was to rewire the Connects2 so that instead of going to the amp, I wired the speaker wire to a $3 Radio Shack speaker.

Now it works great.

It was pretty easy. There are 4 sets of speaker wires that go from the car to the Connects2 module (the silver box) and then to the wiring harness. First, I bypassed the Connects2 module by splicing the speaker wires together. Now the speaker wires go directly from the car to the wiring harness.

This left me with 2 sets of speaker wires - one set going into the Connects2 module and one set going out. I removed the set of wires going into the Connects2 as they were now unnecessary. I then took the purple speaker wires (right front) and wired them to the new Radio Shack speaker. Viola. An acceptable volume level!

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
Bmw808HI
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 335i

More guidance

I'm having same issues with my connects . I don't know what I'm doing so please if possible I need a step by step for splicing and connecting to aftermarket speaker.
Appreciate 0