E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > windshield crack

09-21-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

windshield crack

I've seen a few posts about the e90 windshield cracking easily. I am not sure if it is "softer" glass or the angle it sits or just a bad luck, but mine cracked going 20 mph (or even less) behind the truck, after a small rock flew into it. The crack was at the lower left side, star-shaped approximately a nickel size in diameter...

This morning I went to Safelite (www.safelite.com) and they sealed it in about 20 minutes for $50 in Dallas. I just wanted to point out that I talked to two more glass shops and they all "suggested" the windshield replacement which would be costly (because of the rain sensor) and completely unnecessary with this small crack. Also, it looks like the crack is completely gone. If you really stare at it, you can notice something, but definitely a great work they have done.

Last edited by DFW_M; 09-21-2006 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
sdbcerda
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

I have had Safelite fix two small "cracks" in my E90. They charged $50 each time and the "cracks" are now only small nicks and many people would not notice. Yes, the glass BMW uses in their windshields appears to be softer than some other makes.