E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone Integration Please Help!!

09-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
dunny87
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

iPhone Integration Please Help!!

Hi everyone,

I'm really confused about how I get my iPhone 3G to work with my car, I have a 320D SE 06 Plate E90. It doesn't have bluetooth, and in the centre glovebox there is just a AUX slot. There isn't a snap in thing either in there. Also I don't have iDrive.

All I want to be able to do is receive and make calls and access my contacts on the phone through the car computer, I don't care if its bluetooth or whether I have to plug something in. I do want to be able to use the steering wheel controls to accept the calls. Voice dialing would be nice as would the ability to access the music on my iPhone through the car. Also it would be good if it would charge the phone too. However the only musts are that I can recieve and make calls and access the phone book.

How do I do this? I've read about 15 threads on here now and because of the different specs of the car I'm not sure what applies. I went to a local BMW dealership today and they quoted me £1200 + VAT to fit bluetooth (yes pounds not dollars) which I thought was ridiculous.

Any help would be really really appreciated!!

Thanks
Phil
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
335KixAlot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunny87 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm really confused about how I get my iPhone 3G to work with my car, I have a 320D SE 06 Plate E90. It doesn't have bluetooth, and in the centre glovebox there is just a AUX slot. There isn't a snap in thing either in there. Also I don't have iDrive.

All I want to be able to do is receive and make calls and access my contacts on the phone through the car computer, I don't care if its bluetooth or whether I have to plug something in. I do want to be able to use the steering wheel controls to accept the calls. Voice dialing would be nice as would the ability to access the music on my iPhone through the car. Also it would be good if it would charge the phone too. However the only musts are that I can recieve and make calls and access the phone book.

How do I do this? I've read about 15 threads on here now and because of the different specs of the car I'm not sure what applies. I went to a local BMW dealership today and they quoted me £1200 + VAT to fit bluetooth (yes pounds not dollars) which I thought was ridiculous.

Any help would be really really appreciated!!

Thanks
Phil
I can understand your plight - My 2005 X5 didnt come with a factory bluetooth option, I didnt care simply because back then blueotooth ready phones werent all that common. Well when I wanted one, I was told $500 USD and I bit the bullet. (Dealers love to skin people on these OEM installations, only difference is the US is much cheaper than the UK) It works and I'm happy with it. Works exactly like you want yours to work. When I planned to get my 335, I made sure that my package included it.

My recommendation is that you buy the Bluetooth OEM kit on eBay and have some reputable place to do the installation for you. I'm sure you can have some place do it for 1/3 of the price. Just make sure, they have done OEM installations before.

Tell me how it goes....Good luck!
Appreciate 0