E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Yet another Sirius wiring question

09-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
ScottB4857
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Jet Black

Yet another Sirius wiring question

So I was able to pick up a next to new Sirius module for my 07 335i sedan for a great price. I had the dealer check beforehand to make sure I had the sat prep (0693) on the car, but didn't check under the trunk cover first. So I go to put in the unit following the DIY guide but find no connection wires (Bluetooth module is already there, just no extra bundle for the sat module) I kept poking around and found what looks like the right connectors up by the amplifier - one is a pink fiber connector and other is black dual post connector (car does not have the CD changer).

So question is: Are these the right connectors for the sat and just got routed to the wrong place or are these only for a CD changer. If they are not for the sat, any ideas where the wires would/should be?

Thanks for your help and all the great info on the forum!
      09-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
ScottB4857
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Jet Black

Sorry to bump but need some help. So on my 12/2006 build the wiring harness was not quite in the right spot. Whoever did it routed the wires for the sat module all the way back to the same location as the CD changer. I removed the panels to move the wiring to the right place, but of course there are two power/fiber cable bundles (one for CDC, one for sat module). They are identical except on one the power ground wire is in the #2 position and the other the #3 position (power on both is in #1 position). The sat module of course has all four posts so I have no idea which is the right one.

Does anyone have an idea of which I should be using?

I'll post pics tomorrow when I get my camera back from the office.