E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Problem with Radio W/O Idrive W/ IPod

09-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

Problem with Radio W/O Idrive W/ IPod

This happened to me twice before, i hadnt happened to me for several months and it happened for a third time this past weekend.

I was listening to my iPod via bmw radio and stopped to eat. I get back in the car and I turn the car on and drive off. The radio is unresponsive. i try to switch to FM tuner and it doesnt let me, it quickly displays the last FM station i was playing and goes back to showing my iPod display showing me the song that was supposed to be playing. i repeatedly press the AUDIO button and cant change to FM. i can change to CD but it doesnt start playing anything. i cant seek through songs and the steering wheel radio controls are unresponsive. there is no audio coming out of the speakers. I disconnect the ipod and the FM radio display is shown. still no audio. I finally came to a stop light. I had to turn the car off and take the key out and start up again and the radio finally came on

I'm not sure but i think that this has something to do with the iPod becuase this only happened while i was playing music off my iPod
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0