ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
melbs
Rep
Drives: 2003 2.5i E85 Z4

Lowering Springs H&R OE Sport

Any member using these springs and with what shocks and engine?

I am thinking of lowering my car and i have the following options:

1. M sport springs with bilstein sport - ride height perfect (15mm drop) but expensive and known broken spring problem
2. Eiback prokit with bilstein sport - ride height might be too low (30mm plus drop), not as expensive as #1
3. H&R OE Sport with bilstein sport - fear it won't lower the car much, cheapest but since it won't lower much, what's the use of buying lowering springs.

Anyway my question is for #3:

1. Any members who has this setup?
2. How many mm did this setup actually do to your zeddy?
3. H&R claims the drop could be from .25 inches (6.5mm) to as low as .75 inches (19mm); it would really be helpful for me it you guys can share the actual drop in your zeddy.

Thanks in advance

Edit*

Looking at H&R's site and it seems that they do not make OE Springs for the Z4, i guess i'm down to eibach or M sport

Last edited by melbs; 09-02-2009 at 03:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #2
JB 007
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Z4MC RRS MINI...

I have H&R Springs on my Z4MC.. 1" drop front&rear
Z4MC_Black Sapphire/Imola-_-DMS ECU ll H&S cat-back ll H&R coilovers ll CF Lip ll Lamin-X ll Matte black kidneys ll Afe drop in ll Afe intake elbow ll RPi scoop ll LeatherZ imola shift boot ll ZHP knob...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
my z is currently sitting on my stock suspension but i've used h&r oe's on my previous car and i loved them. our cars sit pretty low as is, and if i wanted a drop, i'd probably want to go with less than more. remember being slammed doesn't necessarily mean better performance, there is such a thing as too low. plus you don't have to worry about rubbing, bottoming out, etc.

at the time, i was using h&r oe's with koni shocks and it lowered my car 1". i found koni gave the sporty feel but didn't make the ride as harsh as bilsteins. bilsteins seems more suitable for track over street.
      09-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
melbs
Rep
Drives: 2003 2.5i E85 Z4

dubbledown,

where did you guys get your h&r oe sports springs specifically for the z4? i re read the h&r website and none is listed for the z4, only h&r sports(which is too low for me)

got the part number?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Got'em, Like'em.

I've got them too. They're great on smooth roads, not so great on the torn up city streets of downtown LA. The stock shocks cope but I'm looking at some adjustable shocks to dial things in a bit more. I love the drop from the H&R springs though. I recommend getting the 15mm rear spring pads to even out the car a bit. These are an inexpensive OEM part.

Appreciate 0