Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-22-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
Bolt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

From RS4 to M3 ..

Please be gentle as it's my 1st post on this forum ... used to be on the RS4 forums but just about to chop that in for an M3 (White Coupe with black wheels) when it arrives in about 3-4 weeks time .....

Any views - RS4 vs M3 ?

The good, the bad and the ugly ??
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
Please be gentle as it's my 1st post on this forum ... used to be on the RS4 forums but just about to chop that in for an M3 (White Coupe with black wheels) when it arrives in about 3-4 weeks time .....

Any views - RS4 vs M3 ?

Good to hear, I think you will find the M3 is a better planted more communicative chassis better suited for track. The rear is difficult to lose and easy to control when it does. It will not plow through turns. Compared to the RS4 I would say its also a slightly better looking more modern vehicle. The Coupe is especially lovely. Still, the RS4 is an excellent, fast and good looking car, but I think you will love your M.
      08-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
J1220
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe 09

Welcome mate.....you wont regret it

Have a look under here loads of info.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post

Any views - RS4 vs M3 ?

I recently did the same--exchanging my 07 RS4 for an 08 M3 in March 09. Quite frankly, it is a pretty dead-even toss-up in my view. I found the RS4 engine a bit quicker revving, with a slightly better engine/exhaust note. I find the M3 a bit more communicative in handling department. It's very subjective, but the M3 "feels" more "sporty," even though the Quattro system gives you copious amounts of grip.

You're going from great car to great car, so don't expect the differences to be earth-shattering. The performance numbers are almost identical, and there really is no "ugly" in either.

One caveat in my review is that I'm comparing my RS4 experience to an E93, and those two are of nearly identical weights. Since the E92 is about 400 lbs. lighter, you may notice a bigger difference. However, my main reason for switching was for the hard-top convertible.