BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
lazy135i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

A Hello and my Stock Dyno Run

Hey all! I have been poking around on this site since around May but have yet to post anything so I decided it was about time.

In May I took the plunge and for my birthday put in the order for my 1 series. I ordered an 09 AW 135i coupe with the iPod option and the M package. I was back and forth about a few other packages but meh, you can always add on later.

I chose to do the Spartanburg Delivery and I would recommend it to anyone! The experience was absolutely amazing. Not only did I get to push the 1 series hard to get it out of my system for the break in period but Donnie gave me a drifting hot lap in the new M5 which kept me grinning like an idiot the entire time...needless to say he is an amazing driver.( Thanks again for that Donnie if you read this! )

After getting through the break in period, with only a few over rev's, my friends and I went up to Battleground in Smyrna, GA to get baseline dynos for our cars. I plan on modding the 1 eventually so I wanted to get the baseline dyno so when I re-dyno the car I can see what gains I am getting from the parts I install. Here is the results from the dyno:

The temperature for the 3 runs were 101.85, 103.27, and 103.37 respectively with 7-9% humidity so I am VERY pleased. My friend had his 335i on this dyno earlier in the year and pulled 8-10 hp and torque less and it was considerably cooler when he ran it. The guy at Battleground says this dyno runs a little low compaired to the others in the area so it was well worth the trip.

I live around the Macon area so if you guys ever start a GA meet let me know, I would love to hit the road and hang out with some other Bimmer fans. I look forward to great future with this car, man it is worth every penny so far!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

welcome!

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
135forthewin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: sideways

Welcome, very impressive stock numbers!
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Your car generated impressive numbers. I am interested to get my car dyno too. Would you mind give me their street address and how much it cost to get a dyno run. Thanks.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Check this out:

http://www.batlground.com/index.php?content=dyno

They offer group rate for 10+ cars. Any one interested?
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
lazy135i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

It only cost me 50 or 55, debit cards make me lazy lol, and my friend with the WRX 60-65 but there were only 4 of us dyno'ing.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
willwin2day
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: all BMWs

The hot lap was all my pleasure! Glad to hear you continue to enjoy your 1 Series!

All the best,
Donnie Isley
BMW Driving Instructor
Appreciate 0