E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Stock 09 speakers vs Logic 7

07-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: in High Country

Stock 09 speakers vs Logic 7

Has anyone compared the sound quality in the speakers being offered in the current E92 to the Logic 7? I have an 08 and my brother is looking into an 09. I would assume there's a substantial difference but just wanted some input.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 335i ///M-Sport

in the e90 I think there is. I am going from the L7 which I was satisfied with, to the standard which I am really not. Much less bass, and much less clear.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
335_i
SpOoLiN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
in the e90 I think there is. I am going from the L7 which I was satisfied with, to the standard which I am really not. Much less bass, and much less clear.
yeah logic 7 is badass compared to '09 oem non logic...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep

agreed, I had ZERO intention of replacing the L7.

That said? Yes the speakers on the standard SUCK.

i wish BSW wasnt so proud of their speakers..

I also think the underseat woofers may be smaller
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

looks like Logic 7 it is. thanks for the input
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep

Depending on what youd get te option for, yes id take the L7...

I had to take what was on the lot, I wanted the Msport pack, car was black on black, 5 speed, just what I wanted.

I wasnt going to pass on it (for less than I was paying a month on my 330) becasue it had base sound...

But man - theres a a HUGE difference to me. The L7 really did make me happy, and its the ONLY time Ive ever been satisfied with a stock sound system... I was really proud of BMW on that one...

If I had a choice though? I would have defintely NOT taken the base sound...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
Depending on what youd get te option for, yes id take the L7...

I had to take what was on the lot, I wanted the Msport pack, car was black on black, 5 speed, just what I wanted.

I wasnt going to pass on it (for less than I was paying a month on my 330) becasue it had base sound...

But man - theres a a HUGE difference to me. The L7 really did make me happy, and its the ONLY time Ive ever been satisfied with a stock sound system... I was really proud of BMW on that one...

If I had a choice though? I would have defintely NOT taken the base sound...
that's definitely a good point and I guess I will just have to see what's available. I guess worst case we'd have to order it and pick it up in SC for some track time!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
AWM3
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, Alpine White

US car dealers are really lame. They order every car with a sunroof because they want the extra profit even though most of the customers don't need a sunroof and rarely if ever use it. They order the cars with the base audio because they can't tell the difference in the sound and they figure the customers can't either. That's what happens when you have people who were selling Chevys a few months ago working at the BMW store. Lexus and Audi have done a much better job of researching and understanding who their customers are and what they want. BMW NA is clueless.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by car62 View Post
US car dealers are really lame. They order every car with a sunroof because they want the extra profit even though most of the customers don't need a sunroof and rarely if ever use it. They order the cars with the base audio because they can't tell the difference in the sound and they figure the customers can't either. That's what happens when you have people who were selling Chevys a few months ago working at the BMW store. Lexus and Audi have done a much better job of researching and understanding who their customers are and what they want. BMW NA is clueless.
There's definitely some truth in that. I'm more than happy with the L7 setup in my car and if it hadn't come standard, I'm much rather have paid for that than a sunroof. They need to start making the cf roof an option on the 335!
Appreciate 0