E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Arizona Dudes .... Fun Run to Devil's Hwy! Aug 14-16

07-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
RipsE92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Arizona Dudes .... Fun Run to Devil's Hwy! Aug 14-16

Just an FYI for all you Arizona guys .....

http://www.roadrunnerbmw.org/uploads...Hwy_Run_v3.pdf

One of the best drives you can have ....

BMW CCA Roadrunner Chapter
Presents:
Escape the Heat - Run
to the Devil’s Highway !
August 14- 16th, 2009

It’s been called by many names, The Coronado Trail, The Clifton/Alpine Hwy, Route 191, Dragon’s Tail of the West and Route 666 - The Devil’s Hwy. No matter what history and magazine editors have called it, We call it great fun!

This is an over-night fun run to Alpine, Arizona where we will drive in the cool pines of Eastern Arizona and Western New Mexico. Many clubs including the PCA (Porsche), Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Corvette and several motorcycle clubs make this an annual trip! We’ll be lodging at the “Tal Wi Wi Lodge” in Alpine, Arizona. We’ve reserved 14 rooms on a first come, first serve basis with two hotel/motels in Alpine on stand- by if we need additional rooms. Call
Tal Wi Wi Lodge for Reservations: (928) 339-4319. Say you are with the “Roadrunner BMW Club” Some rooms have 2 double beds for those who would like to share expenses and a couple rooms have a King-size bed with a Spa or wood-burning fireplace! Cancellations must be made 72 hrs in advance!

We’ll meet in the parking lot at Tempe Marketplace on the NORTH side by Dave and Busters and Lucille’s Smokehouse at 5:45pm for a driver’s meeting and leave promptly at 6pm on Friday, August 14 . For those who do NOT want to drive up on Friday night, we have a 2 th nd run group that will leave from the same location with a driver’s meeting at 6:45am and departure at 7am on Saturday morning, August, 15 .

We’ll drive up US-60 through Globe to th Show Low and then past Pinetop/Lakeside on Hwy 73/260 and finally into Alpine on Hwy 181/190 via Eagar. It is about a 4 hour drive to Alpine, Arizona.

The “Loop” will start from Alpine and we’ll drive east into New Mexico and then down and around to Clifton, Arizona and back up to Alpine, Arizona. The total distance is about 150 miles of spectacular views, mountain vistas, high mountain meadows, and enough twists, curves and long- fast sweepers to make you and your BMW happy for many months to come! We’re planning on making the “loop” once on Saturday (maybe twice for those who drive up on Friday evening) in the afternoon and again on Sunday morning for those who want.

Please check your schedules and let us know if you would like to go on Friday evening or Saturday morning. The run leaders for each day will need to know who will be driving with them. This is the most fun and exciting run we’ve done in the last several years and it’s a MUST attend event for everyone who wants to experience the incredible driving dynamics of your ultimate driving machine - BMW!

Please RSVP to Lann VanNoy at Lvannoy@cox.net ASAP! Both time and availability are limited. Hope to see you on the drive!

Last edited by RipsE92; 08-10-2009 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
RipsE92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Bump 4 this weekend!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
mahutchi
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Just wondering if there is another run planned for this year? I couldnt make the one in August.
If not, who's game for a run in October?

335i 6MT, Sport, Prem, iDrive, OEM aero kit, fake 19" BBS LS1, JB3 2.0, HFE intake, 1.21 jigawatt flux capacitor
Tell the wifey I went for a drive...

Last edited by mahutchi; 09-30-2009 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: because my grammar sux
Appreciate 0