BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Mporium BMW

07-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
m3jim
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Ultimate Driving Schools at Watkins Glen, Aug 26,27 and Sept 26,27

The Genesee Valley Chapter of the BMW CCA is pleased to invite you to participate in our upcoming High Performance Driver Schools at Watkins Glen International on August 26-27, 2009 and September 26-27, 2009.

The GVC Chapter has over 25 years of experience conducting HPD Schools at Watkins Glen and is nationally recognized for its structured, state-of-the-art, 2-day driving programs emphasizing skill development and safety. Our certified in-car instructors coach you through all levels of your skill development, from novice drivers to club racers and instructor candidates, reinforcing what is taught during classroom sessions that cover high performance driving techniques.

This is your chance to experience the premier and legendary Watkins Glen road-course, with its top notch track facilities and GVC’s High Performance Driving program. The town of Watkins Glen is located at the southern-most tip of Seneca Lake, a summer resort with nearby parks, lodging, restaurants, shops and fun activities for the whole family.

GVC BMW CCA events are not limited to BMW cars and owners. Cars of any marque are allowed as long as they meet specified technical and safety requirements and are not convertibles, trucks or SUV’s.

For more information / register for these events:

August School: http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/events/Eve...spx?EventID=57

September School: http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/events/Eve...spx?EventID=59

Questions? Please email: WGI2009@gvc-bmwcca.org
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
weavingtraffic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
1990 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Just saw this topic, scrolling through the threads.
It is an old thread, and I hope I get a reply, but

Would you recommened this school if you just got your liscense, and you have some driving/racing experience, but not enough to be actually decent?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
m3jim
Rep

You do have to be 18 years old to participate. If you are, then any driving school is a great way to learn. You will be more confident and more capable. You will also learn that there are place to drive fast - it's on the racetrack, not public roads.

We are still putting together this years schedule, and we should have everything posted in another couple of weeks or less. Please check out http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org for the latest.
Thanks,
Jim Dresser
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
weavingtraffic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
1990 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Hello again,

Thanks for the reply

I am not yet ready to drive but I am on my way!
If this school is still around in a few years, I am definetly willing to attend.
I do understand that racing is meant for the track, and is hazardous for not only for yourself, but to others around you. I understand that exceeding speeding limits to a high extent is not safe and should be used only in an emergency by drivers with years of experience.

I know that these schools are meant for the educating of ones understanding and controlling capabilities while driving. It sounds very fun, and I hope that I will have an oppurtunity to attend this school because it is the only one that I know of, which is closest to my area.

Thanks again,
-WeavingTraffuc
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
m3jim
Rep

If you are in the area, anyone can make arrangments ahead of time to be a guest. Guests can see what's going on (it's always a good car show). Just contact me a week or two before the event.

Jim
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Are you planning to offer a club racing school this year? The Boston Chapter had one in its schedule for last September at WGI and then it got cancelled (I was registered and bummed out)...
      03-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
m3jim
Rep

Sorry, but the GVC is not putting on a Club Racing school. We are putting on a Club Race at our Sept event. Check out the Club Racing Event Schedule at http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com for a list of all races and schools.

Jim
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

OK, thanks. I might see you around Jim. Best.