E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Optional Trunk "Tray" - for those of you with laptops

07-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
ex-poster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 328, 2006 330

Optional Trunk "Tray" - for those of you with laptops

I got mine today, a week after getting delivery of my E90. This is a great option for people like me who take a laptop on the daily commute. Now, instead of the laptop case being loose in the trunk or on a seat or on the floor in back, I can open the trunk and put the laptop into the tray.

Be forewarned though - I had to go to the smallest bag that would fit my laptop and that just barely fits into the tray. Bigger bags or the bigger widescreen laptops are not going to fit. I have an IBM Thinkpad T40 for size comparison.

Try your laptop/bag combo before buying. Install is easy, you insert two tabs and the tray snaps into that. Super easy de-install if you need reclaim the space also.
Appreciate 0