Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > xi Alignment Question

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
msm335
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 335xi

xi Alignment Question

I want to get an alignment done on my 335xi. Does this have to be a four-wheel alignment? And since its an xi could typical auto shop do this or am I better off going to a BMW dealer? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm335 View Post
I want to get an alignment done on my 335xi. Does this have to be a four-wheel alignment? And since its an xi could typical auto shop do this or am I better off going to a BMW dealer? Thanks.
yes, get a 4 wheel alignment, and you are much better off going to an independent shop to get it done, especially if you have coil overs or anything thats not stock because the techs at the dealer only know stock components
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
kq328xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM e92 328xi, Flamenco Red X3

Garage List
2008 e92 328xi  [0.00]
You need a 4 wheel alignment but it's more the experience/skill of the tech that matters.

I had a dealer alignment then later an indy alignment when changing my wheels. The difference was night and day because the indy tech was much more knowledgeable (and a CCA racer) than the dealer tech. The indy tech asked how I drive my car, cornering, tracking, etc and aligned it perfectly.

2008 328xi e92/Black Sapphire Metallic/Saddle Brown/18" 220M Reps w 225/255 Falken 452's
Next: Sways and springs
Appreciate 0