Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Kumho Escata Sport XRP Run Flat

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
WayneDoodle
Take Care!
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Kumho Escata Sport XRP Run Flat

I put about 30000 miles on these tires in my 06, 330i.

The Kumho Escata XRP is hard tire, with horrible tire noise.

I got about 7000mi of quiet riding before the tire noise became very aggrevating. At 25000 I couldn't stand it anymore and decided to go to a non runflat tire. I rotated them and the tire noise was gove for a while but soon returned

The handling was excellent with great cornering, however wet traction was almost gone at 23000mi.

These tires are great as a cheaper alternative, but you won't move in the snow and will need a winter tire, or get yourself some chains.

I would recommend these tires if you want a cheap runflat and can stomach the road noise. Be warned, you will feel ever single bump in the road.

I hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

I had a set of Kumho tires on my E46 and I hated them. Super noisy and so so handling. they are going to have to make some serious improvments in their tires before I'll buy them again. Going from them to Pilots was like night and day. Well worth the extra money.
Appreciate 0