Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Suggestions/REcommendations wanted!!!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
BLUE LABEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Suggestions/REcommendations wanted!!!

Hey guys,
I just noticed two bubbles on my front two RFT and i tihnk its time to get rid of these RFt's and get myself some non-RFT. Being in chicago i was opting for a set of all seasons to put on. I need some advice on what good all season tires are out there that others have put on their vehicles. I have a 07 e92 335i. I was going for non-RFT's and im fairly sure i can recycle my stock rims. I have about 25k on my ride and these stock tires are almost to the end of their life. THe size for the fronts, is 225/40/18 and rears 255/35/18..correct me if im wrong.
Id greatly appreciate any advice you guys can throw my way!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

The top two in our experience and that forum guy have had good experiences with for all season tires in those sizes are the Yokohama Advan S4, and Michelin Sport A/S +.

Tires
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...ires/index.jsp

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
BLUE LABEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

are the sizes i mentioned accurate for the vehicle if im going with non RFT all seasons. front 225/40/18 and rears 255/35/18
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE LABEL View Post
are the sizes i mentioned accurate for the vehicle if im going with non RFT all seasons. front 225/40/18 and rears 255/35/18
For a sport package car, that is indeed accurate.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
rkan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe' -Black Sapphire

Gary, searched your website and I dont think I found what I am looking for. I see occasional snow. I was looking for all season tires to fit my 09 335 coupe sport package and leave them on year round. I could not find any that were run flats. I dont particularly like or dislike them ( only got 1000 miles on), but I bought the tire and wheel insurance, and my CA said:

"the tire & wheel coverage will cover you for 5 years and will cover all tires as long as they meet factory specs. If you replace tires and you still have time remaining it will cover those also."

So I figure that means I need to have runflats on them (stiffer side wall prevents damage?) to be covered for the tires and wheels. Do they make all season runflats? Ever heard of someone getting denied coverage w/ "non factory spec" tires? I pressed him on what factory spec meant and he just reiterated "needs to meet factory specifications for this car" (duh.) Anyone?
Appreciate 0