E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help needed please..Driving on the continent with Xenon's

08-13-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
jdhves
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE

Question Help needed please..Driving on the continent with Xenon's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I am having a major headache here!!

I am going to France from the UK next week and I need to alter the direction of the beam on my xenon headlights.

BMW have confirmed that there is a switch and told me to go to the dealer. The dealer say that they will do it for me but I need to do it myself as I will be driving in the dark in the UK first. The dealer then told me that I could do it myself by accessing the lights through the panel in the wheel arch but would not show me how.. I cant find the switch as I have no idea what I am looking for.. is it black, silver or what!!

Any help would be much appreciated.!!

Cheers

Jason
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I am going to France from the UK next week and I need to alter the direction of the beam on my xenon headlights.

BMW have confirmed that there is a switch and told me to go to the dealer. The dealer say that they will do it for me but I need to do it myself as I will be driving in the dark in the UK first. The dealer then told me that I could do it myself by accessing the lights through the panel in the wheel arch but would not show me how.. I cant find the switch as I have no idea what I am looking for.. is it black, silver or what!!

Cheers

Jason
I'd just take your car down to any BMW dealer Jason & ask them to just SHOW you how to do it, so you can do it yourself when you need to!

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
jdhves
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE

I have tried that and they did not want to show me.. were more than willing to do it for me, but no good to me.

cheers

J
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
I have tried that and they did not want to show me.. were more than willing to do it for me, but no good to me.

cheers

J
That could be inferred as you not being 'allowed' to make the change yourself- very strange!

Could you try ringing one of the BMW dealers near the port you are leaving from- maybe they will have more experience of helping customers in the same situation as yourself, Jason.

The other option is having a French dealer do it for you, after you get over there!

BTW- there are a few e90 members in your area who are coming upto Donington Park for the Second UK meet- more info in my sig, Jason.

Good luck.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:

Hi All,

Cheers

Jason
I'd like to know whether there really is a switch for this, too. I had to change the entire light unit when I had my US spec UK'd. I may have had to get the European unit because the side lights are in there and aren't supposed to be amber except for when the turn signal is on. If the left/right change is simply a switch, it will save me having to buy the European headlights (third set of headlights) when I go back to the US because I like the white edge instead of the yellow and I could simply switch them over.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0