E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Non Multi Function to Multi Function Wheel Upgrade

08-05-2006, 02:48 AM   #1
purity
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Non Multi Function to Multi Function Wheel Upgrade

Hi,
My car have the non Multi Function Steering Wheel,and I want to upgrade to Multi Function Steering Wheel.

On realoem,they sell the Multi function Switch Retrofit Kit (basically it is the regular switch that came with the Multifunction wheel).

But in order to make this switch to work,it alse required me to change the Complete steering Column Switch (the whole part behind the steering wheel that also have the wiper and turn signal switch)And it is very expensive (about USD 400).I am sure the diferrent is only some extra wiring to feed the multi function switch.

Any body now how can I overcome this problem,Maybe just connect some wire behind the column switch and directly connect it to the multifunction switch.

If any body know how and which cable,I am really appreciate it.

This also prevent me from upgrading to M Sport Wheel,because the M Sport wheel come with multifunction also,and what a waste if those button are there but not working.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
larryzhou
Private
Rep
Drives: 120i mt

any answers?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
yansta
Rep