New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-16-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
zEdP
Ed
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive30i

Aftermarket audio upgrade PLAN 1

Who is planning to upgrade the basic audio system? I will.
This is what I already have planned. Remarks are welcome!

Within 2 weeks I will take delivery of a deep blue see 30i. I ordered no extra HiFi or USB options. These are way too expensive because of the Dutch luxury tax (40%) on new bought cars. The Hifi speaker option (245watts) and radio professional with USB playback costs almost 1700 euro.

So I have planned to integrate a normal DIN radio unit. I have already ordered a radio frame that fits in the 1 (E81) and 3 (e90) series. I assumed this frame will also fit in an E89. I based my assumption on the fact that the BMW part list shows that the basic radio unit of the E89 is also used in the 1 and 3 series.

If this operation succeeds, I can order a Pioneer DEH-P5100UB radio unit.

This unit has all features available that would like to have (USB,sub amp out, low/hi-pass filtering on front/rear/sub outputs). I have order the black interior, so I guess this unit buildin within the DIN frame will look not that bad.

My next and the most important step is to add a fat subwoofer system in the trunk and better rear speakers. I want to design a custom made active subwoofer unit that fits under the opened roof. A bass reflex port/pipe should be integrated between the seats to get a better bass performance in the cabin.

Next I would like to replace the basic rear speakers by building in 2 Pioneer TS-S101PRS speakers.

I’m not sure if these speakers fit into the style of the interior. I will try to integrate them behind the existing speaker panels. If this speaker system is operational, I will decide what to do with the 4 front speakers.

Remarks/suggestions are welcome…

EdP

FULL version of upgrade: http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewto...p?f=23&t=11335

: dance:

Last edited by zEdP; 01-31-2010 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
tonyjosephster
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4

Aftermarket Audio Upgrade

After you upgraded your audio, does it still work with the steering wheel controls?
Appreciate 0