BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
ryebred
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 aw coupe zmp

das Ringcard

came in the mail the other day

you can order the ring cards at der ticketshop. You will want the ticket that says: Nordschleife (AUTO, gültig 2009). Google translate helps a lot in getting through the ordering process, but they shipped overseas just fine. Was about $90 for 4 laps + shipping.

Now, to find someone else's car to take the first two laps in...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Schneller!
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi & 2010 X535i

...just took my first two laps today - UNBELIEVABLE! Lucky me, it's only an hour away BTW, I have never seen so many badass cars in one place at one time...uploaded a few on my Flikr...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfo2lga/
      05-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
ryebred
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

you lucky bastard.

I also ordered the track guide from circuitguides (hasn't arrived yet). I will be studying the hell out of that and getting in all the gt4 time I can find. I at least have another 4 weeks to bone up before having to put the pedal to the metal (or more likely, driving very slowly around the ring).
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Schneller!
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi & 2010 X535i

...that will all help (helped me a little), but nothing can prepare you for it. I have done the SCCA thing, but the elevation changes are intense - I almost knocked my self out on the first dip from the starting line. Start slow, until you gradually get more comfortable...not too comfortable - it wasn't until my 2nd run that I almost went off! At least I made the crowd laugh...
      05-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
jsdaniels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 128i Sport, Xenon,iPod

Had a question for those who have been.

I am interested in getting on the Ring for a lap or two, not to press the car to hard but to just experience being on it. What all is needed to actually get on the ring during the Touristfahten (sp) days? Just show up grab a ticket and go? I have tried to read up on the web pages over here but I don't speak German or read it for the most part and translators can only get you so far!

Would like to the baby 1er on there before I head back to the US, and Summer is coming up so beautiful German days are soon upon us!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #6
ryebred
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

That's about it. Ben Lovejoy's site is pretty comprehensive, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. The calendar section on the website will tell you the hours of the Touristfahrten. Do check on it because some days are different - on one of my days the Grand Prix track will be open
Appreciate 0