E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > coils / plugs / injectors - inconsistent idle/acceleration

07-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
23psi4age
Sim Simma
Rep
Drives: '17 330i Touring M Sport

coils / plugs / injectors - inconsistent idle/acceleration

this is posted in the general discussion but may be of some use in this forum.

i have a 2006 330i 4door.
so ive been dealing with a random idle spike where the rpms jumps about 100 or 200 rpms and makes the car shake/jerk for a second and it goes away since i got my car new. also a poor rough inconsistent idle and inconsistent acceleartion. service says its the gas - yeah right. so i take it in twice and they dont fix anything and say its me being too picky or noticing too many things. until i drive with a tech that has the diagnostics hooked up on the 3rd service visit and waaaalaaaa the car is supposed to stay within -200 and +200 for smooth running and randomly / inconsistently it will acclerate within parameters or go out of the range in the -300's or +300's. so they change all coils and plugs and the same day i pick it up the car misfires and throws a check engine light and cant drive AT THE SERVICE CENTER. So now i am no longer the picky customer that is over analyzing whats going on but im one of a few people in the country that realized that the 330 had something inherently wrong with it as do all of them 325 or 330. oh well - im getting out of my lease. owners you should keep an eye out for inconsistent acceleration as one of your injectors may foul leaving you stranded- luckily for me it happened while my car was already at service from just having been "fixed". so anyways, the injector issue is something that bmw knows about and seems that they want to keep it on the low. they are trying to address the issue with new vendors supplying the injectors. i had my cylinder 5 injector replaced but the car still idles like shit and it doesnt fix the rpm jump that the car has making it jerk. accleration has smoothed but i guess in another 6000 miles it will need changing again. No thanks bmw.
Appreciate 0