BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Official: BOOKS/NOVELS/PLAYS/SHORT STORIES/POEMS/SONNETS WITH LITERARY MERIT THREAD

04-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Ras al-Khaimah
Rep
Drives: Slow E90

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
Official: BOOKS/NOVELS/PLAYS/SHORT STORIES/POEMS/SONNETS WITH LITERARY MERIT THREAD

Welcome:
Well this thread is created for all the Book/novel/play/poem lovers out there for the sole purpose of discussion. I believe people learn well from their peers rather than their professors. Share your knowledge of some of your favorite books and share your point of view to the piece being discussed.
ENJOY!

Background:
Well I decided to create this thread because I love books with literary merit. Books Such as:
-The Stranger
-Brave New World
-Lord of the Flies
-The Great Gatsby
-The Sun Also Rises
-The Sound and the Fury
-Picture of Dorian Gray

...all these books provide an unique hidden message beneath its pages that could only be unraveled through analysis. I love these books because it utilizes the way I think, learn, and understand of the world around me.

Not only that I love books, but I love short stories and plays such as:
-Oedipus Rex
-Macbeth
-Hamlet
-Othello
-Death of a Salesman

... Plays and short stories play a critical role in the world of Literature. Most of Shakespeare's plays, for example focus' on motifs and symbolism and how it relates to the piece as a whole. Unlike books, Plays and short stories, I believe, go in depth of literary devices used to find significant themes that conjoins to the overall work.

Sonnets and lyrical poems are also good too.

------------------------

I Shall Start

The last book I've read was The Stranger By Albert Camus.
Has anybody ready it or have knowledge of it before i start?
i have a lot to say about this book.