ggambhir
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2006 e90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
stupid cops

Today just isnt my day...

So, i just got back to work from lunch, normally i get a 1hr break, but today, i got to take an extended lunch...courtesy of santa ana pd...

I wss drivin down bristol, i get to the intersection of bristol and sunflower at a dead stop, and the light turns green, i go and then i see red and blue. I pull over into the parking lot and he follows me, i park he approaches my window. Turns out i made an unsafe right turn while failing to yeild for a pedestrian at the shopping center. Then he adds tinted front windows and no front plate...wow...

Just lovely...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
HermesRider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Aren't those things against the law? Cop doesn't sound too stupid to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggambhir View Post
Today just isnt my day...

So, i just got back to work from lunch, normally i get a 1hr break, but today, i got to take an extended lunch...courtesy of santa ana pd...

I wss drivin down bristol, i get to the intersection of bristol and sunflower at a dead stop, and the light turns green, i go and then i see red and blue. I pull over into the parking lot and he follows me, i park he approaches my window. Turns out i made an unsafe right turn while failing to yeild for a pedestrian at the shopping center. Then he adds tinted front windows and no front plate...wow...

Just lovely...
oh man, that blows. not a good weekend for you at all. sorry.

not gonna comment on the cop thing... i am, too, driving with tint and no plate. but i got pulled over twice for random shit, and by the time the cop got to my car, i had both windows completely open.
      04-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
oh man, that blows. not a good weekend for you at all. sorry.

not gonna comment on the cop thing... i am, too, driving with tint and no plate. but i got pulled over twice for random shit, and by the time the cop got to my car, i had both windows completely open.
Definitely helps to roll those windows down for him. Probably the best thing to do when you have dark tint. Anything you can do to help the officer feel more comfortable more than likely means he wont be as harsh.
      04-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
yea what a stupid cop, enforcing laws. man what a dumbass. so who are u gonna call when someone robs you?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Stupid Cops??? Why? Isn't it you with illegal tints, no front plate... oh and maybe doing an unsafe right turn? All he is doing is his job...
But just to rub it in a little more... Funny thing is you pay him through your taxes...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

times are tough.. they need to generate revenue. I still have my front plates on after the last $65 "no front tag" ticket.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
IBTL

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Do you want to blame the rest of E90post for this too?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
Debaser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Cut the OP a break. While I appreciate the POSSIBILITY that ggambhir was driving a bit dangerously, whoever would take this cop's excessive ticketing with a coke and a smile and a, "Gee! What a swell fella, just doin' his job!" is a geek. Period.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

did u ask him to bundle them up together.....u know..like charter bundle?
lol
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
Cut the OP a break. While I appreciate the POSSIBILITY that ggambhir was driving a bit dangerously, whoever would take this cop's excessive ticketing with a coke and a smile and a, "Gee! What a swell fella, just doin' his job!" is a geek. Period.
The difference is simple... while the OP is pissed at the cop, I would be pissed at myself if I was the OP. OP breaking the law, Cop doing his job does not deserve a stupid cop coment. OP should look at himself..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
Nebster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW 335i

yeah man sucks he did his job. i can't believe those assholes. Man what would happen if we had teachers that didn't teach or engineers that couldn't solve problems.

SHIT what is this world coming to, people doing their jobs

gotta pay to play.

detailing in the greater chicago area.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website, pertaining to modifications does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #14
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
finally a ray of sanity on e90...... back to the shinanigans
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #15
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
yeah man sucks he did his job. i can't believe those assholes. Man what would happen if we had teachers that didn't teach or engineers that couldn't solve problems.

SHIT what is this world coming to, people doing their jobs

gotta pay to play.
      04-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #16
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

So would you guys "accept" a ticket for doing one mile per hour over the limit?

I mean, you are breaking the law. And the cop is just doing his job.

It's called discretion, leeway, and judgment. The police and justices use it every day.

It's not irrational for the OP to think the cop could have cut him a break with a warning.

If we were all universally cited for every law we break, then it would be wrong for the OP to be upset with the cop. However, precedent has been set and that includes the police using discretion.
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #17
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
but he wasn't going a mile over. I would say itd be ok to call an officer a jag if he pulled u over for 1 mph. but let's say u have multiple "little" things. it's going to attract attention. like no front plate , front tints and let's say going 10 over. if you take out one of the three more than likely they'll cut u slack or won't even bother.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #18
ABSSF80
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI F80 AB SS

just doing there job! You will need them sometime in your life!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #19
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

How can you blame the cop for citing your breaking of the law??

I mean, yeah I wouldn't be happy about it, but putting off blame for your own actions (especially onto the one who caught you) is low and frankly reflects poorly upon our community as a whole.

Even the fact that some of you agree with this nonsense is a bit off-putting...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
So would you guys "accept" a ticket for doing one mile per hour over the limit?

I mean, you are breaking the law. And the cop is just doing his job.

It's called discretion, leeway, and judgment. The police and justices use it every day.

It's not irrational for the OP to think the cop could have cut him a break with a warning.

If we were all universally cited for every law we break, then it would be wrong for the OP to be upset with the cop. However, precedent has been set and that includes the police using discretion.
for things like speeding, yes there is leeway and judgment on the cop's part. they have to account for variability in the car's speedometer, radar gun accuracy, and "safe" speed according to current weather/traffic/road conditions. lots of variables involved.

failing yield to a pedestrian is pretty black or white. you can't almost fail to yield. there's no variability in the amount you can yield. either you yielded or you didnt.

either you had the license plate mounted on the front or you didnt. now, tint is a pure judgment call by the cop, but ANY tint on front windows is illegal all day everyday according to CA law.

now, would it have been nice for the cop to just give a warning? sure. but you cant go around expecting warnings all the time or calling cops stupid for rightfully doing their job. you gotta pay to play. if you dont want to pay, then dont do anything illegal. especially now that everyone including the government is tight on money, you should really watch for backs because they will be looking out for all the little things to give out more tickets.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
for things like speeding, yes there is leeway and judgment on the cop's part. they have to account for variability in the car's speedometer, radar gun accuracy, and "safe" speed according to current weather/traffic/road conditions. lots of variables involved.

failing yield to a pedestrian is pretty black or white. you can't almost fail to yield. there's no variability in the amount you can yield. either you yielded or you didnt.

either you had the license plate mounted on the front or you didnt. now, tint is a pure judgment call by the cop, but ANY tint on front windows is illegal all day everyday according to CA law.

now, would it have been nice for the cop to just give a warning? sure. but you cant go around expecting warnings all the time or calling cops stupid for rightfully doing their job. you gotta pay to play. if you dont want to pay, then dont do anything illegal. especially now that everyone including the government is tight on money, you should really watch for backs because they will be looking out for all the little things to give out more tickets.
Good points.

I never expect a cop to cut me slack, but am always appreciative when they do.

I never get tickets, though. In Texas, when they see your Concealed Handgun License, they say "thank you" and send you on your way. They know you are an otherwise law-abiding citizen (due to the FBI background check and extensive training). They ogle my pistol as much as they do my car.

At least that's been my experience....several times.
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #22
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
Good points.

I never expect a cop to cut me slack, but am always appreciative when they do.

I never get tickets, though. In Texas, when they see your Concealed Handgun License, they say "thank you" and send you on your way. They know you are an otherwise law-abiding citizen (due to the FBI background check and extensive training). They ogle my pistol as much as they do my car.

At least that's been my experience....several times.
damn... i'd love to get one of those concealed handgun licenses... haha ... we cant even have any guns here ... meh.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0