BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board CFO Freddie Mac...

04-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

CFO Freddie Mac...

I was talking with friends months ago and said I had a feeling this type of thing was going to be on the rise. Only 41 years old.

Freddie Mac Exec, David Kellerman Dead
Acting chief financial officer David Kellerman has been found dead by suicide in his home. Kellerman's wife found his body and reported it to Fairfax County Police.

Kellerman worked for Freddie Mac for 16 years and was given the position of acting CFO in September. This was also the same month the US Treasury took a hard line with Freddie Mac due to the subprime mortgage debacle.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

goodnight sweet prince
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

about time... now we need one of the CEO's in AIG to do the same thing lol
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
cougfan335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

No one at AIG will commit suicide, they know darn well their life insurance policies aren't worth the paper they printed them on.
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
about time... now we need one of the CEO's in AIG to do the same thing lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan335 View Post
No one at AIG will commit suicide, they know darn well their life insurance policies aren't worth the paper they printed them on.

Life is not that complicated, one day you look at yourself in the mirror and you realized what a monster you are and how you can sit in that nice furnished office and lie/cheat/steal from hard working people and bam you kill yo self. There are plenty of people out there who don't really deserved the kind of salary they get for what they do. No I am not a bit jealous of ppl making more $$ then me because I am happy to have a job and good health and a decent happy life and I live within my income and I don't try to impress anyone by working 2-3 jobs or climb that corporate ladder and kick other ppl in the nuts to get on top.

Flame suit is on...
      04-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
This is really a shame. He was appointed CFO in September... before all hell broke loose. To say that he deserved this fate is pretty sick. I've read some of the internal documents from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae in my business classes because we have hook ups in the organizations and there was some serious dissent about their entry into the sub-prime market by employees within the organization. I'm sure everyone has been put in a position where they do what their boss asks them to do without really thinking about repercussions. To say that this one entity or any one entity is responsible for the economies problems is absolutely ludicrous. It was chain of events that set off another chain of events that exposed poor decision making.

Anyway... its likely he didn't deserve this fate and its likely that AIG and all the other financial entities don't deserve for anyone in their organization to deserve this fate. Everyone acts like they intentionally wanted to screw people over... but when the economy is booming it gives the impression that everything will work out in the end-- until housing prices unexpectedly plunge 26% in some markets.

I guess my point is don't be so quick to judge and take the time to do some of the research on your own and draw your own conclusions instead of getting angry about your 401K performance because of what you hear on the biased media.

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post
This is really a shame. He was appointed CFO in September... before all hell broke loose. To say that he deserved this fate is pretty sick. I've read some of the internal documents from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae in my business classes because we have hook ups in the organizations and there was some serious dissent about their entry into the sub-prime market by employees within the organization. I'm sure everyone has been put in a position where they do what their boss asks them to do without really thinking about repercussions. To say that this one entity or any one entity is responsible for the economies problems is absolutely ludicrous. It was chain of events that set off another chain of events that exposed poor decision making.

Anyway... its likely he didn't deserve this fate and its likely that AIG and all the other financial entities don't deserve for anyone in their organization to deserve this fate. Everyone acts like they intentionally wanted to screw people over... but when the economy is booming it gives the impression that everything will work out in the end-- until housing prices unexpectedly plunge 26% in some markets.

I guess my point is don't be so quick to judge and take the time to do some of the research on your own and draw your own conclusions instead of getting angry about your 401K performance because of what you hear on the biased media.
I would not say he deserve it or not, but I look at it this way, in life we all have a choice. You can take the left or right fork when you come to it. No one forces anyone on this planet to strive for millionaires status and look and act cool and rich. I like to see everyone act humble instead of walking around sporting diamonds and rolexes.

I choose to drive a bmw because I like the way it drive not because I want to scream at ppl who drive civic/corrola - hey look at me I am financially wealthy. I work and save up $$$ to pay for the car.
      04-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

R.I.P. he is an hero
Appreciate 0