E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Take delivery of my car tomorrow!! Yay!!

07-22-2005, 03:17 AM   #1
Ozbimmer
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i

Unhappy Take delivery of my car tomorrow!! Yay!! Update - NOT GOOD!!

Hi all,

I will be picking up my Oz edition 330i tomorrow (spec - see signature). Looking forward to give you all a review soon after.

Kingsley

Last edited by Ozbimmer; 07-22-2005 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
dpuwookie79
Rep
Drives: 2011 LMB 328i

Congrats man!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbimmer
Hi all,

I will be picking up my Oz edition 330i tomorrow (spec - see signature). Looking forward to give you all a review soon after.

Kingsley
Judging from your signature, you are going to have one hell of a loaded car..... congratulations, and enjoy..... let us know how she drives, especially with Active Steering.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #4
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

go ozbimmer!!!!

i hope im not too rude and ask what the cost of the car is on road.

im guessing over $130k

that will be one brilliant car. drive well.

looking forward to your review.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #5
Ozbimmer
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

That's ok to ask. It's around $125k.

I think our US friends have a better deal than us

Kingsley
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2005, 12:03 AM   #6
Ozbimmer
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

I couldn't believe it.

Went thru everything about my car and sorted out finance. When I moved the car out of the garage at my dealer, the Active Steering warning light came on!!! Oh no!! What's happened? On the iDrive screen it says "Active Steering inactivated. Initialising..." I tried to stop and start the car, as recommended by the system, but the light still on!!

I talked with my dealer, and they tried to fix it, but failed. To cut the long story short, they gave me a E90 for the weekend, apologised profusely and promised me to get the problem fixed ASAP!!! They even let me pick anything from their LifeStyle section (clothings, etc)

I don't really care about the "freebies", just want to get my baby home

Anyone got problem with active steering?

Kingsley
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2005, 07:01 AM   #7
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

unbelievable!
what has happened to quality control? now i might be wrong but you would think that a last minute check of your car with a quick start up, say an hour before you arranged to come in and take delivery would be in order. it would seem to me that had they done that, the fault would have ared its ugly head. perhaps they did and the fault first appeared when you started it, but to me it seems unlikely.

well im so very sorry to read about your exciting day ruined. at least your dealer did the only thing and give you one of their e90s, which was to be expected. i trust they immediately offered it to you and you didn't have to ask for it.

unreal.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2005, 07:22 AM   #8
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbimmer
I couldn't believe it.

Went thru everything about my car and sorted out finance. When I moved the car out of the garage at my dealer, the Active Steering warning light came on!!! Oh no!! What's happened? On the iDrive screen it says "Active Steering inactivated. Initialising..." I tried to stop and start the car, as recommended by the system, but the light still on!!

I talked with my dealer, and they tried to fix it, but failed. To cut the long story short, they gave me a E90 for the weekend, apologised profusely and promised me to get the problem fixed ASAP!!! They even let me pick anything from their LifeStyle section (clothings, etc)

I don't really care about the "freebies", just want to get my baby home

Anyone got problem with active steering?

Kingsley

I had that problem once with my E60 530i Sport @14,000mi. Even scarier is how it failed in the middle of a u-turn and the steering wheel remained almost about 90 degrees left. The steering rack wouldn't return and i had to drive it back home where the dealer came to fetch the car and tow it back to the dealership.

It took a few days to find a new servo motor for the active steering which failed.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #9
Ozbimmer
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Took delivery but something was wrong :(

Quite right, David. They did offer the car to me as soon as the mechanics said it might take longer time to fix. They also offer me things that might compensate my "loss".

BTW, they told me nothing was wrong when they did the PD (pre-delivery) check. Wonder why active steering failed when I move the steering wheel So disappointed!

I really hope it would be a minor problem that could be fixed soon. I noticed someone with a 5 series mentioned in other BMW forums that the warning light could be fixed by doing some simple turning on the steering wheel + slow driving (the instructions are in the E90 users manual). I think the mechanics have done that (but not the driving bit). However, they cannot rectify the problem. Annoying...

Some other people pointed out the problem could be due to a leak in the steering wheel hydraulics (??).

Anyway, I hope some good news will come out on Monday. The only good thing come out of this is that the staff at my BMW dealership is extremely helpful and really put customer first. They scrambled all the right people to look at my car as soon as I pointed out the problem, and treat me as a priority one customer. Think about it, they have done really well on a Saturday morning

Enough whinging.

Kingsley
Appreciate 0