E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Africa > saldanah easter drags top end run

04-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
twinsonboard
PROWLER
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Black BMW

saldanah easter drags top end run

Hi everyone
Just a quick comment on the recent LEGAL Saldanah drags, 11 April 2009.
The event was very well organised and I hope the Saldanah municiapaility and the charities that benefitted from the event would consider making this an annual event in the same format. The BMW club of Cape Town was well represented and made us proud on the day with their beautiful cars and the wins. The day started off cloudy, misty and windy but became warm and clear at around 10am. Most folks were at the strip by around 3 -4 am already. Felt sorry for the racers who had to sleep in their cars and did not look very sharp on the day. But I guess that is all part of the fun and excitement.

Pity there were no 335's participating including myself - next time for sure.
The guys from Zeemax did well on the strip and in organising us to attend. The evening before the race only 80 cars and 5 motor bikes were officially registered to race but I think there were about 10 odd bikers on the strip and many more vehicles.

Can someone tell "suspect" in his lumina SS that "power is nothing without control"?

The only thing that pissed me off was the traffic cops ticketing some of the registered racers just as they entered the gates for not having their legal number plates displayed - does not make any sense - can understand if you were out on the public road. Anyway, all things considered the event went well.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Menno11
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 320d

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
Sounds like a great event! How do I become a member of the BMW club of Cape Town? Where was the event advertised, coz I would have liked to attend if I knew about it :-(
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
rennzport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hey Menno...
It was advertised mostly on forums, and I've seen a few posters on poles.. maybe not hte northern suburbs. lol.

The club is called "exclusively m".
You can email the chairman Rohan, and he will give you the details.
rohanapollis@iafrica.com

I met up with twinsonboard yesterday.
We were thinking of having a meet 'n greet for the e90/e92 owners... so we can discuss/share our experiences with these cars.

What do you think?

We have quite a bit of holidays this month, so we should take advantage of the last sunny days.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
Menno11
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
Hi Revo,

Yeah, a meet 'n greet sounds great! I dont have a ///M model (working on getting the body-kit soon!!) But will I still be able to join the "Exclusively M" club?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
twinsonboard
PROWLER
South Africa
Rep

Revo. I am game.

Let me say again. Your car looks awesome! Your attention to detail gives the car a truly distinctive look. My brand new 335 looked bland and ordinary next to yours. Well done! I want one when I grow up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
twinsonboard
PROWLER
South Africa
Rep

drag ad

Hi Menno
I attached an advert that I saw before the drags. Okay, the drags are done and dusted but thought the ad looks nice...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
Menno11
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
OK, but post up the ad before the event next time and we can arrange a krooz through to the venue next time. I'm saving up for (amongst other things) a pair of Bridgestone semi slicks on my old 16" rims 225/50/16 they should give a good pull away, but nothing matching your 335's!!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
rennzport
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menno11 View Post
Hi Revo,

Yeah, a meet 'n greet sounds great! I dont have a ///M model (working on getting the body-kit soon!!) But will I still be able to join the "Exclusively M" club?
I'm sure it's not a problem.
I don't own an M car either

The club has alot of M's but is for BMW enthusiasts.

They're happy to sign up new members.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
rennzport
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsonboard View Post
Revo. I am game.

Let me say again. Your car looks awesome! Your attention to detail gives the car a truly distinctive look. My brand new 335 looked bland and ordinary next to yours. Well done! I want one when I grow up.
Thanks twins.

When are you back in town, then we can arrange something informal...
Maybe an hour or 2, in a nice parking lot.
Century City side looks good.
Appreciate 0