BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board B of A Add It Up

04-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

B of A Add It Up

Is anyone using this? I was thinking of signing up but would like to see what everyone's opinion is since they ask for a lot of info (even your ATM pin which is a little weird). Anyhow, would it be better to just use the live cashback instead?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

I actually work for Bank of America, however I live in WA, and this program is not available here. I highly doubt that it's as good as advertised on the website.

Even though I work for the company, I'm not a fan of them. They recently shut my credit card off--because of other stuff on my credit report. Now, I've never been late on my credit card and never used more than 1/3 of the credit limit in the 2 years I've had the card. So why should I be punished for being a great customer of theirs? It doesn't even matter that I also work for the company.

I asked the credit analyst this simple question: I was hired to handle your most precious commodity--your customers. I give them financial advice, and handle their money accordingly. If I'm qualified to do this for other people, perhaps I could do it for myself?? Yes, there may be other things on my credit report, but frankly that's none of their business. If I am responsible with their credit card, that's all that should matter.

So I'm moving everything out of Bank of America into a local credit union.

</rant>
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
orangepeelforest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 340i F30

Garage List
2016 340i  [0.00]
B of A is a bank that a lot of military use because when you are new in the military, they come by and pretty much pressure you to sign up for an account and direct deposit. i have really never had any good experiences with them. i did all the paperwork for a new car loan and they submitted it but failed to tell me that there was a cap on the amount they would loan me. i learned this after they denied me and had already pulled my credit report. im just not a big fan...
Appreciate 0