BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Planning a Bachelor Party-weekend

04-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Planning a Bachelor Party-weekend

I was given the wonderful tasking of planning the Bachelor Party but fortunately/unfortunately for me, it's going to be a 3 day event and in Seattle. I usually have no problem doing these kinda things but since it's an entire weekend (and i don't live in Seattle) I'm having a bit of a hard time. It doesn't have to be high octance the entire time but I don't want a lot of "down" time. I've picked a whole bunch of outdoor stuff to do (nights are covered) but was looking for some ideas? PLEASE let me know.

BTW: is it too late to go skiing? Is it too early to go rafting?
      04-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Nobody in Seattle to help you ??
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
WLS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5

Howdy,

Lets start with your questions:

1) No it is not too late to go skiing. The conditions probably won't be ideal since it has been a bit warmer, however, the mountains are still open.

2) Yes it is too early for rafting. The rivers don't have enough ft/sec to make it any fun.

Other ideas: In the seattle area there are a few go kart tracks. I also recommend whirley-ball (You can look up whirley ball here: http://www.whirlyball.net/html/ ). Do NOT waste your time with the space needle. If the Sounders or Mariners are in town that weekend I would recommend a one of those games.

What ideas do you have for the evening? Aren't there are a few things that you might want recommendations for?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

http://www.stevenspass.com/
http://www.summit-at-snoqualmie.com/
Those are the two ski areas closest to Seattle. Usually they close in April but we've had a lot of late snow this year so I would just keep checking those sites.
Dunno about rafting for sure. I think they start up in June. Unless you get a lucky day you wouldn't want to go in 40 some degree weather anyway.

Since it's a bachelor party, if you want "adult" entertainment you'll want to hit up Vancouver BC or Portland OR. Vancouver is about 2.5 hours North and Portland is approximately the same distance South.

I don't know what else a group of guys would do for 3 days. There's tons of places to camp but you gotta like rain.
There's a lot of stuff to see and do in downtown Seattle. Tons of great places to eat.
check out ticketmaster to see what concerts are in town when you're here. Lot of great, smaller venues.
Depending on when you're here you could catch a Seattle Sounders game or a Mariners game.
If you're renting a fun car there are tons of cool drives. You could drive to a number of cool mountains even if you're not skiing. Take a ferry ride over to the peninsula and go for a drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiberglass View Post
Hookers and blow. No down time.
thats your reponse to alot of things isnt it?
      04-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiberglass View Post
Hookers and blow. No down time.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
thats your reponse to alot of things isnt it?

Is there a problem with that?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Thanks a lot for the response. I have friends in Seattle but I was looking for a something different. Since we hang out I know where they would go/want to go so I was looking for a difference in opinion. Have you ever gone to whirlyball? I can't tell if it would be fun or not.

We were going to go go-karting if the weather was bad. Anyway, lemme ask you this: what clubs do you recommend? Why? IS it better to be a VIP at one club or go hopping? I was thinking about going VIP but he's not much of a drinker....more of a dancer lmao

What do you guys recommend at night? Difference of opinion is always welcome. I was thinking about the stripper thing but, 1) he strictly forbid me from bringing em 2) his fiance's brother is gonna with us and quite frankly I aint gonna do it if he's there. Skanky girls are ok, just not strippers

The blow though is another story
      04-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Don't up and leave the bachelor without saying anything.

4 of my douchebag groomsmen did. 1 stayed at a previous bar and didn't follow when the group left. The 3 others bounced back to bars in the city we all grew up in without saying anything. Their excuse was they were wasted and thought since it was 12:30pm it was OK to leave. I don't know who passed down those pearls of wisdom in bachelor party etiquette.

I proceeded to melt their faces off that night and still giving them all shit about it a year later. fuckers

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
We were going to go go-karting if the weather was bad. Anyway, lemme ask you this: what clubs do you recommend? Why? IS it better to be a VIP at one club or go hopping? I was thinking about going VIP but he's not much of a drinker....more of a dancer lmao

What do you guys recommend at night? Difference of opinion is always welcome. I was thinking about the stripper thing but, 1) he strictly forbid me from bringing em 2) his fiance's brother is gonna with us and quite frankly I aint gonna do it if he's there. Skanky girls are ok, just not strippers

The blow though is another story
We did the baseball game thing and it was alright. Not great. But since you're doing an entire weekend an afternoon or evening game would be pretty cool for something to do.

Bar hopping was the downfall to my party. Keeping a group of idiots together at 1 bar is hard enough but to jump between several bars can turn it into a mess. Girls seem to be better at carrying out an evening through several places while guys get lost all to easy and don't understand the importance of the event. Especially if he is one of the first friends with a bachelor party, mine obviously didn't.

Your friend did not strictly forbid you from going to a strip joint, his fiance did. I told my fiance were going and to not bring it up again, I wasn't involved in her party she wasn't to be involved in mine. That was the end of that. The soon to be brother in-law would have to be a complete tool if he bitches about it, if he doesn't like the idea of it maybe he shouldn't be coming. No downers should be allowed at the bachelor party, especially gay brother-in-laws who don't like strippers. I mean who doesn't like strippers Strippers are also better then skanky girls, at least strippers have limits and leave after their 5 minute dance.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #11
jlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Why are things other than hookers, strippers, and alcohol being discussed in this thread?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #12
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

If you are a baller - stay at the W downtown or FourSeasons.. Funniest thing is the FourSeasons is 'right' next door to a strip club and across the street from another one..lol PERFECT!

Belltown Billiards is a good place to hang out and Cowgirls inc has mad groups of hotties. All in downtown.

Seattle Indoor Raceway is cool place to go race some fast-ass go karts.

Wade's Guns in Bellevue is a good place to go rent some guns and pratice shooting at the indoor range.

Skiing - Snolquamie is only 1.5hr away from downtown and there is a shitload of snow still up there. Slopes are are ok but its skiing nonetheless.

Better yet - rent your own Seattle Duck amphibous tour bus/boat and bring some hotties on it for a drunk fest while someone drives you around and you all can look like asses with kazoos that look like duck lips.

Take the SeattleSeaPlane tour with your bachelor party..

If that doesn't give you any good ideas - You can just stay in the hotel for three days with hookers, booze and strippers. That always works.
Appreciate 0