BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Some cops are real a holes

04-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Some cops are real a holes

Im not one to usually complain or bitch about cops at all. But after what happened this morning things might get different. As some of you read my thread yesterday, my car would not start and might have an alternator problem. So at 7am roadside assistance gave me a jump and I drove the car to the dealer. As im at a red light there are 2 cops outside their cars chatting and drinking coffee. Light turn green I drive by them. All of a sudden they jump in their car, do a u turn and try to pull me over like I just hit 5 pedestrians. They come to the window and say do you know why I pulled you over? I said tints? He then says yes but you also have no plates. I then kindly tell him I have already received a ticket for those and I show him the proof. He then walks around my car for literally 10 minutes trying to find something to write me up for. He then walks up to me and hands me my license and says get it fixed your nothing special just like the rest of us. WTF? And thats it. These cops had to jump in their car and do a u turn just to give me a plate ticket. Maybe my car was new. I don't know if im over reacting but if you were there you would understand.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

some?
      04-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
gizmo83
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

you're over reacting... you're nothing special just like the rest of us. j/k
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Wait, so you're driving around with what sounds like illegal window tint and no plates right? Then you get pissed about being pulled over and let go without a citation? ????

Call me weird, but if i were a cop and saw a young guy (i'm assuming you're young) driving a blacked out $70k car with no plates; i might raise and eyebrow. And since i would likely have nothing better to do, i'd check it out.
      04-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Yeap some cops are real assholes. It's the same with IRVINE PD. I've talked to other cops that were super chill and they agreed with me that Irvine PD has nothing better to do than write up trivial traffic tickets because of the low crime rate in Irvine and that they simply have nothing else to do. I was at a red light about 1 and a half weeks ago. It was hot so I quickly removed my seatbelt, tore my sweater off, and handed it to my wife. The light turned green, I started rolling and was reaching over to buckle in when a cop pulls me over and gives me a ticket for no seatbelt. I explained to him I was just taking my sweater off at the red light. He told me he even saw me take my sweater off, but continued to give me a ticket. Then he even harassed me about not updating my new house address. Said he was gonna let me slide on that one lol. I guess there are extremes for cops just like everything else.. the real assholes and the good ones.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Wait, so you're driving around with what sounds like illegal window tint and no plates right? Then you get pissed about being pulled over and let go without a citation? ????

No, im pissed that they jumped in their car and chased after me like I was a criminal. Your gonna chase me because I have no plates? What if my car was less than a month old? If the cop was behind me driving and casually pulled me over then fine. But these cops were on the sidewalk talking and drinking their coffee and just HAD to chase after because im a horrible criminal.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

And how am I blacked out? You call black kidney grills and reflectors blacked out? Im no where near that.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
PoorMan
Hello my name is...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:

Call me weird, but if i were a cop and saw a young guy (i'm assuming you're young) driving a blacked out $70k car with no plates; i might raise and eyebrow. And since i would likely have nothing better to do, i'd check it out.
+1 Nothing personal but yeah the majority who get into these type of problems are mainly (not all mind you ) younger drivers. They never even look at us older folk..

It was the same when I was younger. Grow thicker skin, there are worst a-holes out in the world, you got off with no ticket. You won, just leave it at that.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Hey you, shut up! He's ballin' 2 day, can't you read?

Maybe he'll be ballin2morrow
      04-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Why don't you have plates?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Why don't you have plates?
he's waiting for cali to release diamond encrusted nike swoosh plates
      04-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #12
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

hey at least you didnt get a ticket... i got pulled over 2 weeks ago. and i got a ticket for window tints... and NO its not a fixed it. it was a striaght out ticket for illegal tints... now thats what you call fuckers.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #13
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
he's waiting for cali to release diamond encrusted nike swoosh plates
Is that supposed to be funny?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #14
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
hey at least you didnt get a ticket... i got pulled over 2 weeks ago. and i got a ticket for window tints... and NO its not a fixed it. it was a striaght out ticket for illegal tints... now thats what you call fuckers.
That sucks. I didn't even know that was possible. Do you know how much it is?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #15
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
Is that supposed to be funny?
Lighten up, Francis. You got hassled by cops over tint and no plates, walk it off. I got hassled by a cop for "racing" on Angeles Crest on Saturday when I was going under the limit (55). Big deal.
      04-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Based on your story, yeah, they might have seemed a little anxious. Bottom line, you rode away without any ticket. So roll with it (ha!), let it slide. No harm, no foul. (I probably would have been annoyed too.)

Also, can't generalize... cops are just like everyone else, some are cool, some are actually helpful, and some are a-holes (some major ego trips come to mind). Some people can't see past the badge (cops included), but they're just on the job, going to work everyday like everybody else. And before you say I'm out of touch, realize that it frosts me as well how egregiously cops lurk in setting up speed traps... it has ceased being a safety function and is now a matter of revenue generation.

But again, let it go unless you want to grow up and become a legislator and do something about it.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #17
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoCane View Post
Based on your story, yeah, they might have seemed a little anxious. Bottom line, you rode away without any ticket. So roll with it (ha!), let it slide. No harm, no foul. (I probably would have been annoyed too.)

Also, can't generalize... cops are just like everyone else, some are cool, some are actually helpful, and some are a-holes (some major ego trips come to mind). Some people can't see past the badge (cops included), but they're just on the job, going to work everyday like everybody else. And before you say I'm out of touch, realize that it frosts me as well how egregiously cops lurk in setting up speed traps... it has ceased being a safety function and is now a matter of revenue generation.

But again, let it go unless you want to grow up and become a legislator and do something about it.
Your right. Correct me if im wrong. But if I already got a ticket for plates and have until late May to fix it, can they give me another ticket for the same thing? I didn't think they could, but I might be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Next time a cop asks you why he pulled you over please say I don't know.

v/r
URBAN LEGEND
      04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #19
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
i had a cop coming behind me, i'm in the right lane
which as far as i know is the SLOW lane
so if you want to overtake just take the left lane
he was literally stuck to my ass
almost bumper to bumper
so i did what i always do when some idiot is stuck to me
take my foot off the gas
so the car slowly starts to lose speed
then they get pissed off

and he did
and he roared off into the distance
way past the speed limit, he was probably going over 50 in a 35

well big whoppie you can beat my car when you have the light bar on top
l
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
TIMBO_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sard View Post
Yeap some cops are real assholes. It's the same with IRVINE PD. I've talked to other cops that were super chill and they agreed with me that Irvine PD has nothing better to do than write up trivial traffic tickets because of the low crime rate in Irvine and that they simply have nothing else to do. I was at a red light about 1 and a half weeks ago. It was hot so I quickly removed my seatbelt, tore my sweater off, and handed it to my wife. The light turned green, I started rolling and was reaching over to buckle in when a cop pulls me over and gives me a ticket for no seatbelt. I explained to him I was just taking my sweater off at the red light. He told me he even saw me take my sweater off, but continued to give me a ticket. Then he even harassed me about not updating my new house address. Said he was gonna let me slide on that one lol. I guess there are extremes for cops just like everything else.. the real assholes and the good ones.
+1. Irvine PD is a pain. Can't even count how many times me and my friend got pulled over in our old cars (Eclipse and Camaro). I'm sure the M3 will bring just as much attention.

FYI - only seen 3 E92 M3s in Irvine in the past month. where we at? hiding out?

2009 E92 M3 6MT Jet Black
Mods: MS Air Filter | MS spacers (bulldog stance) | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | Matte Black Kidney Grills and Gills | BMW Performance Pedals | EAS Aftermarket Alarm System| AiB Headlights | Tint
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #21
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoCane View Post

+1.

Except that I never knew a legislator who I would call "grown up".
      04-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #22
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
i had a cop coming behind me, i'm in the right lane
which as far as i know is the SLOW lane
so if you want to overtake just take the left lane
he was literally stuck to my ass
almost bumper to bumper
so i did what i always do when some idiot is stuck to me
take my foot off the gas
so the car slowly starts to lose speed
then they get pissed off

and he did
and he roared off into the distance
way past the speed limit, he was probably going over 50 in a 35

well big whoppie you can beat my car when you have the light bar on top
l
He might be typing your plate number into his laptop to run your plates. It's fairly normal before they decide whether they will pull you over or not. I had that happen to me as well. The cop ended up giving me a "slow down" warning but no tickets. I consider myself very lucky that day.