Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 2009 E90 LCI Wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
RBMW.
Also know as Phil335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135 M-Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW 135  [0.00]
2009 E90 335i  [0.00]
2009 E90 LCI Wheels

I have a 2009 space gray E90. Im looking to get some wheels soon. I really want the VMR CSL reps 19 in matte black. It would look sick with the shadowline in the sport package and black grills. Can anyone recommend the best possible offset? I know the new 3 series offset is about 16 mm different. Or recommend something else?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil328 View Post
I have a 2009 space gray E90. Im looking to get some wheels soon. I really want the VMR CSL reps 19 in matte black. It would look sick with the shadowline in the sport package and black grills. Can anyone recommend the best possible offset? I know the new 3 series offset is about 16 mm different. Or recommend something else?
Hi

We open a thread regarding LCI and possible fitments issues that you might want to read. Basically the LCI is about 8mm shorter on each side. We can guide you exactly on what offset will fit your vehicle the best. The thread is located here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241718

Also we just released our new CSL wheels in 19". A few of the differences are:

- Our wheel concavity reflects a nearly identical face as the OEM CSL
- Our wheel spoke profile is thicker and resembles more the OEM CSL
- Our wheels finish is Silver as opposed to Hypersilver which is a closer match to the OEM finish
- Our wheels are powdercoated which is a more durable finish
- Our rear wheel weights only .7lbs more than the OEM CSL (25.5lbs vs 26.2lbs).

Here is a picture of our 19" CSL in Matte Black:

Please let me know if you have any questions about our products or LCI fitments. We would be more than willing to answer them for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Offsets are not a problem. Rather than trying to push a set of wheels on you right away, let's take a step back and get some more info on your BMW so we can suggest the best possible match. If you have some stock side shots of your BMW - we can even provide some studio examples for you to get a glimpse of what you need.

We knew Matte Black would be a winner when we worked with VMR to release it last year - it's a very aggressive color and looks awesome when pulled off correctly.

What are your future plans in modifications? This provides a good plan on what to suggest.

If you'd like to take it to email, feel free to contact me directly.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:25 AM   #4
Peter@VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

Quote:
To answer your technical questions, we have two offerings for the LCI:

Aggressive: 19x9.5 ET33 - The face of the wheel does not stick out past the fender but it will most likely rub. If the tire rubs the fender lining, you'll need to use a blade to cut a rectangular piece of fender lining off. If the tire rubs the fender you'll need to use a fender roller to push the inner fender back 3-4mm.

Conservative: 19x9.5 ET45 - Its the plug and play offset with no fender rolling, but it does look a little conservative. You can go up to 275/30/19 (some have gone wider). Tire size up front will probably have to go up to 245/35/19 as well.

The 16mm means 8mm on each side. So you'll have to increase the offset used by non-LCI E90's by 8mm.

If you have any further questions about VMR Wheels feel free to ask!
Appreciate 0