E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Anyone in Western WA have a BT scan tool?

03-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
cougfan335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

Anyone in Western WA have a BT scan tool?

Title says it all. My sweet sweet early version ecu was violated by a service tech attempting to fix my seatlbelt feeders via an update. To top that off the feeder still failed the first time after I got my car back, now it seems like there may be more lag, the dealership didn't even fix my cars rattling interior and there may be one more issue.
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

I do but I only have the Enthusiast version which is limited to 3 VIN numbers. I used it for Eric's and Adib's car at the last meet. We can try to scan it since I don't know if it will work, but the BT scan tool will not reset your ECU version back to what you want it.. it just reads write now and does not write (not yet).
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
cougfan335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

I was planning on going back to the dealership with my continuing rattling issues and seeing if they can revert my ecu back, but now I am worried about the code that the JB+ has set off in a couple of cars. My ecu was updated last week and who knows which version I have now. Can the BT tool even read codes after the first 3 cars or does it just cut off the ability to reset them?
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
Appreciate 0