E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Crappy service/ my never ending nightmare. Long...

03-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
JLL325ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Crappy service/ my never ending nightmare. Long...

Ok so I have a 2007 328i with 23,000 miles on it in perfect condition. 5 weeks ago I go out to dinner on a saturday night. While at dinner a drunk runs into my parked car and takes off. The police catch up with him the next day and charge him. He has no insurance but no problem my insurance is going to pay for the damage and he has to repay them.
A few days later my insurance adjuster comes and checks it out. $3,500.
My front fender and passinger side door are crushed in. Well I'm thinking that the best place to get it fixed would be the nearest BMW dealership that way if there were any waranty issues down the road with that area of the car they wouldn't throw it back in my face and tell me I had it worked on somewhere else and thats there problem.
I live in New Hampshire and my closest dealership is Tulley BMW in Nashua 95 miles away. No doubt a long ways away. So I call there body shop and make an appt to have it fixed. They get a fax from my insurance guy letting them what parts they need. All is good. I also needed some work done in the service department. An alignment, leatherette seat cover, warning light was on for a bulb out. So I call them also and let them know the car will be there for body work and they can take care of it then. I ask them to order the seat cover so there will be no issues with getting that in time. A week and a half later I bring the car down go thru everything with the service department. They didn't order the seat cover in advance because they had to see it first. So they look at the seat and order the part.
I get in a rental (Pontiac G6) paid for by my insurance and drive home.
11 days later the forman for the body shop calls and tells me my car is done.
I call the service department to find out if the service is done and get "Jen's" answering machine and ask for her to call me back. No call back so I call the next day. They put me thru to service where sume dude answers. He puts me thru to Jen. Same BS! Get her answering machine. So I say F*** it. Next day is Saturday and the service department is closed. Called anyway and nobody there knows squat. Call monday and get thru. My car is done..well kinda. The seat cover is back ordered. So I tell them I'll be down anyway. Next day I drive 95 miles down to pick up the car. They tell me seat cover is in but ther is not enough time to put it on. I ask them if they can hold onto it till the next time I come down for service? Nope, can only hold it for 25 days. I look at the body work and paint CLOSE UP and it looks perfect. So I take off on my merry way. Stop half way back to meet a friend and look at my car from 25 feet away. WTF! the door and fender are way darker ( my car is crimson red). At this point it's 10 minutes before there closing. I call the body shop and tell them. They tell me maybe it's the lighting or angle I'm looking at it. Next day I call again and tell them I will be there tomorrow. They tell me they will have a loaner for me till mine is fixed. So next day I get in my car and drive the 95 miles one way down there and show them. The forman was embarrased but the head honcho of the body shop was acting like an asshole like it was not that big a deal and maybe I should live with it. They agree to fix it. I go down to the service dept to get a loaner and go home and what do they tell me? " All our loaners are out for the day" WTF, I just called yesterday and they told me they would have one for me. Then the asshole asked me if I would come back tomorrow. At this point I'm flippin out. I told him if I had left and come back that I would have 760 driven just to get this friggin' car fixed. Told him I wasn't leaving with my car so they better find something for me to drive. They got me a rental. A KIA! How nice.
So here I am driving a peice of crap and my car is there waiting to get fixed. I am so not looking foward to picking it up. This may be my last BMW. Sick of the shitty service, the runarounds, warning lights that come on when there is nothing wrong with my car causing me to run down there for nothing. Never had these problems with Acura or my Infinty. Love the way BMW drives and looks but Jeez.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

damn its called paragraphs
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slowly and carefully

Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Sorry to hear about your story, but honestly, TLDR.
      03-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
shadowcoder
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

+1 on the paragraphs

The service you got at your dealership is NOT BMW's fault. The bodyshop at
your dealership is not a BMW certified collision center. Perhaps them not being
able to perform paint jobs at a high standard may be the reason why BMW hasn't
certified them.

As far as your warning lights are concerned - well you only mentioned one light
bulb out warning so that hardly qualifies as a major issue that something keeps
going wrong with your car, yes?

I do admit that the dealership could and should do a better job when dealing
with you since you're dragging yourself 100 miles out from home but certainly
that's not the car's or BMW's fault.

Hope you agree with me and I wish they fix your car perfect the second time
around.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLL325ci View Post
Ok so I have a 2007 328i with 23,000 miles on it in perfect condition. 5 weeks ago I go out to dinner on a saturday night. While at dinner a drunk runs into my parked car and takes off. The police catch up with him the next day and charge him. He has no insurance but no problem my insurance is going to pay for the damage and he has to repay them.

A few days later my insurance adjuster comes and checks it out. $3,500.
My front fender and passinger side door are crushed in. Well I'm thinking that the best place to get it fixed would be the nearest BMW dealership that way if there were any waranty issues down the road with that area of the car they wouldn't throw it back in my face and tell me I had it worked on somewhere else and thats there problem.

I live in New Hampshire and my closest dealership is Tulley BMW in Nashua 95 miles away. No doubt a long ways away. So I call there body shop and make an appt to have it fixed. They get a fax from my insurance guy letting them what parts they need. All is good. I also needed some work done in the service department. An alignment, leatherette seat cover, warning light was on for a bulb out. So I call them also and let them know the car will be there for body work and they can take care of it then. I ask them to order the seat cover so there will be no issues with getting that in time. A week and a half later I bring the car down go thru everything with the service department. They didn't order the seat cover in advance because they had to see it first. So they look at the seat and order the part.

I get in a rental (Pontiac G6) paid for by my insurance and drive home.
11 days later the forman for the body shop calls and tells me my car is done.I call the service department to find out if the service is done and get "Jen's" answering machine and ask for her to call me back. No call back so I call the next day. They put me thru to service where sume dude answers. He puts me thru to Jen. Same BS! Get her answering machine. So I say F*** it. Next day is Saturday and the service department is closed. Called anyway and nobody there knows squat. Call monday and get thru. My car is done..well kinda. The seat cover is back ordered. So I tell them I'll be down anyway. Next day I drive 95 miles down to pick up the car. They tell me seat cover is in but ther is not enough time to put it on. I ask them if they can hold onto it till the next time I come down for service? Nope, can only hold it for 25 days. I look at the body work and paint CLOSE UP and it looks perfect. So I take off on my merry way. Stop half way back to meet a friend and look at my car from 25 feet away. WTF! the door and fender are way darker ( my car is crimson red). At this point it's 10 minutes before there closing. I call the body shop and tell them. They tell me maybe it's the lighting or angle I'm looking at it. Next day I call again and tell them I will be there tomorrow. They tell me they will have a loaner for me till mine is fixed. So next day I get in my car and drive the 95 miles one way down there and show them.

The forman was embarrased but the head honcho of the body shop was acting like an asshole like it was not that big a deal and maybe I should live with it. They agree to fix it. I go down to the service dept to get a loaner and go home and what do they tell me? " All our loaners are out for the day" WTF, I just called yesterday and they told me they would have one for me. Then the asshole asked me if I would come back tomorrow. At this point I'm flippin out. I told him if I had left and come back that I would have 760 driven just to get this friggin' car fixed. Told him I wasn't leaving with my car so they better find something for me to drive. They got me a rental. A KIA! How nice.

So here I am driving a peice of crap and my car is there waiting to get fixed. I am so not looking foward to picking it up. This may be my last BMW. Sick of the shitty service, the runarounds, warning lights that come on when there is nothing wrong with my car causing me to run down there for nothing. Never had these problems with Acura or my Infinty. Love the way BMW drives and looks but Jeez.
Sorry for a former Acura Owner.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
JLL325ci
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcoder View Post
+1 on the paragraphs

The service you got at your dealership is NOT BMW's fault. The bodyshop at
your dealership is not a BMW certified collision center. Perhaps them not being
able to perform paint jobs at a high standard may be the reason why BMW hasn't
certified them.

As far as your warning lights are concerned - well you only mentioned one light
bulb out warning so that hardly qualifies as a major issue that something keeps
going wrong with your car, yes?

I do admit that the dealership could and should do a better job when dealing
with you since you're dragging yourself 100 miles out from home but certainly
that's not the car's or BMW's fault.

Hope you agree with me and I wish they fix your car perfect the second time
around.
You are right it is the dealership. I bet I have had to talk to 9 different people down there thru this ordeal. Why couldn't I just talk to one person in service and one on the body shop. I have to explane the whole story over and over to a different person down there.
As far as the warning light is concerened I did get a reading that there was something wrong with my brakes about 4 months ago. I got down there and the computer was just screwed up. Another waisted day.
The seat cover. I had the exact same problem with my 2000 323ci. You would think after 7 years they would have taken care of that issue.
I guess the point is THIS dealership is no better than a Chevy dealership.
And ahhh. sorry about all the bitchin'
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
shadowcoder
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLL325ci View Post
You are right it is the dealership. I bet I have had to talk to 9 different people down there thru this ordeal. Why couldn't I just talk to one person in service and one on the body shop. I have to explane the whole story over and over to a different person down there.
As far as the warning light is concerened I did get a reading that there was something wrong with my brakes about 4 months ago. I got down there and the computer was just screwed up. Another waisted day.
The seat cover. I had the exact same problem with my 2000 323ci. You would think after 7 years they would have taken care of that issue.
I guess the point is THIS dealership is no better than a Chevy dealership.
And ahhh. sorry about all the bitchin'
There is no need to apologize for all the bitching. It's a fact that the dealer
should be doing a better job of servicing you and your car and I totally
understand the frustration because I've been in a similar situation myself with
a dealer. Hang in there and I hope at the end they fix your car perfectly. As
far as the warning lights - well be happy there was nothing wrong with the
car and it was the computer acting up.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
Haywire
Haywire, brand new BMW owner :D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
Right on brother lol...

I see a run on post like that with ZERO spacing...its an automatic mouse click on the BACK button

now in relation to the post that i didnt just read, based on the subject heading...i hope things turn out better for ya in the near future.

LoL.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Damn 95 miles to the nearest BMW dealership? I guess were lucky here in So cal, I have about 6 different dealerships to choose from within a 45 mile radius.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
JLL325ci
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Damn 95 miles to the nearest BMW dealership? I guess were lucky here in So cal, I have about 6 different dealerships to choose from within a 45 mile radius.
There are only 2 dealerships in New Hampshire and 1 in Vermont. That's why it's so important that they fix something right the first time and that we are on the same page when it's time to go down there. 95 miles one way is a long way. It ends up taking at least a half a day to deal with a small problem
Appreciate 0