XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

First Impressions of X5 4.8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys...I only have about 750 miles on my X5, but I thought i'd share my findings on the car thus far. In short, I am ABSOLUTELY amazed by how much I love this truck.

-This is the first truck i've ever owned. My past cars have all been sports coupes except for a 3 series sedan(2006) and Z3 (1997). I was leary about getting a truck and to be honest, the only reason I did was because my wife and I are expecting our first child. I LOVE small cars...and I'm shocked to say this, but, I don't think i'll ever go back to a sports coupe or a Sedan as a Daily Driver.
-The 4.8 is simply amazing. It's the perfect amount of a punch for the truck. Amaple power is always there, whether for cruising or hard driving.
-My biggest reason for never wanting a truck was I was afraid with how it would handle. I can't believe what it feels like. It feels almost as if it is glued to the road. When it turns, it feels almost like car, very little roll or "lean". Is it because of the Sports Package? Whatever the reason, the confidence I feel driving it is unmatched.
-I was so tired of the harshness in my 335 coupe with the performance tires that I didn't even consider the 20's. And I'm glad I did not. The ride is amazing.
-We all know how great the interior is, so I won't rehash it.

Issues:

All my issues are fairly minor...

-The premium sound isn't as great as I would have hoped. I may just have to tweak it a bit.
-The headlight washers spray water onto the hood. This drove me nuts in the 335 and drives me nuts on this one. Anyone else have this issue?
-I should have gotten comfort access. I had this on the 335. I miss it. I didn't get it because the wife hated it. Women...

All in all...couldn't be happier!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
ericld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 M3, Alpine White

truck?
Appreciate 0