E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > ACS vs. generic spoilers

06-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
cappy78
Rep
Drives: '06 BMW 325i E90

ACS vs. generic spoilers

I've been looking at the ACS roof and trunk spoilers. Now I'm finding more and more replica body parts for a lot cheaper. The pictures look good, but How is the quality and the installation between the both? I understand you get what you pay for, but for the price difference...? Does anyone have any experience with the generic stuff and do they install and look the same?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

Garage List
Based on my experience, usually original & replica use the same material (fiberglass). Some really good tuner use polyeurethane which is similar to OEM bumper. But this one will cost you a whole lot more because it's not a mass product.

Since both use the same material, you can be quite sure that the finish will look pretty much the same. Things you need to be concerned are the fitment and strengthness. Some replicas will need minor adjustment for fitment and some are not strong enough to shocks (but even original is not shock proof). It all goes back to the person/company who make this replica. Some make pretty good, some don't.
Appreciate 0