BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
D CH0ZN 1
1 Series Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 135i

Best tint shop in AZ?

I'm planning to get my car tinted in the new few days, but I'm not too familiar with good and well known auto tint shops within the Phoenix, AZ area. Can anyone recommend a place?

Of course I'm looking for a deal, but I also want it to make sure I get my 1er tinted by a place that stands by their workmanship (i.e. no bubbling or peeling, cleanly cut, etc.)

Thanks!

2009 Jet Black 135i
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
stovesax08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i, X5 45e

I would also be interested in this
      02-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
D CH0ZN 1
1 Series Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 135i

After doing more research online, I went ahead with a tint company called Vader Tint Co. They are a small mobile tinting company, but they are great and do window tinting for quite a few of the auto dealerships around the valley, including Coulter Cadillac. I found them through city search - they have 26 awesome reviews from past customers.

The owner, Dan and his assistant Thalia (I think that's her name) came over to my house and they completed my car in about an hour. They're awesome people as well - talked and informed me about tinting and their business as they tinted my car. They answered all of my questions, even about their competitors and they didn't bad mouth anyone.

They charged $145 for my 1er. Yes, they do offer very competitive prices and they have a small team, but their work was great and their customer service is an A+.

I went with 5% tint in the rear windows and 20% in the front driver/passenger. They don't offer much selection of tint (carbon, non-metallic, specialty tint, etc. are not offered) but that's because of their experience. They used to carry a variety of different tints, but they found that the SoloGuard metallic that they use was the best bang for their customers, giving customers the look, protection and warranty (color fading/bubbling) they wanted, while keeping the costs down.

I mentioned the possible radio interference with metallic tint and they responded by saying there is possible radio wave interference, but it's very minimal if even presence (depending on car antenna) and that it's quite difficult to hear the difference if you're really that picky.

They gave me the manufacture's warranty which covers the tint and installation, even if Vader Tint goes belly up. The manufacture will provide you with an authorized installer.

I've had the tint on for almost two weeks now and the car looks awesome! A clean installation with no bubbling, uneven cut lines, etc.

If you're looking for a great tint job and aren't too finiky about getting the best, top of the line, indestructible tint made for NASA, but you want decently priced tint, with a warranty and great customer service, then go with Vader Tint Co.

2009 Jet Black 135i
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

We do tint in house here too. If you ever need a quote, let us know.
Appreciate 0