BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
joeking1978
Private
Rep
Drives:

Smile Wanted: Track Tires and Wheels- See my wishlist

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I'm looking for a used, but good condition wheels for track days on my 135i. I only participate in club events (mostly autoX) about 1-2 times a month and now that I'm getting a better feel for this car (I used to track a S2000), I am realizing that the stock wheels and tires will NOT cut it. Too heavy and RFT's are too slick. By my 3rd lap I'm usually pushing pretty hard out of corners. So basically, if I can find someone who is willing to sell any of the following on here- let's make a deal!

I'm trying to find one of the following:
  • LTW5's
  • Breyton Race (preferrably GTS)
  • Enkei Racing (preferrably RPF1)
  • OZ Alleggerita or Ultraleggra
  • SSR Type C (RS)
  • Volk Racing RE30
In my exhausting research, I am finding that the above are all less then 19lbs, and have good fits.

I have one question for the experts though... what is the widest wheel and tire I can fit? obviously 7.5 and 8.5 are stock, can I fit a 8.5 and 9.5 respectively? or a 8 and a 10??

I'm looking to spend around a $1000.00 or less! Thanks all!

Current: 2009 BMW 135i- sports & premium with M steering and wheels- soon to be chipped!
Retired: 2008 Trailblazer (company car ), 2002 Audi S4 (chipped), 2002 Honda S2000, 2001Chrysler Sebring LXi
Appreciate 0