E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Need attorney or paralegal in SA

02-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Need attorney or paralegal in SA

Okay y'all...
I had a renter skip out on me for over $2K in rents and late fees... he keeps telling my prop manager that he'll pay and it's been too long.

I don't want to spend an obscene amount to collect $2K so I need maybe a good paralegal to write up some official paperwork to have him sued in small claims court.

Since I'm in CA, I can't just fly down there to do this.

Anyone know any cheap attorneys willing to write an official letter or pursue my case through small claims for minimal fees?

I have this deadbeats SS number, place of employment and current address along with the rental contract he signed and all of the charges he still owes for.

He's told my prop. mgr that he was going to start paying $500 a month starting in Dec. 15 and as usual, he had some stupid excuse. He then said starting Jan 15... well that's gone and passed too.

It's not so much the money as it is the principal of it all.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

No one?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
fast1
Rep
Drives: M3/Mroadster/745Li

What exactly are you looking for here? You need to serve him eviction papers, court subpeona, or what?

They do have some general forms you can get from most real estate attourneys. You might just talk to a lawyer in Cali about what you can do from there.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast1 View Post
What exactly are you looking for here? You need to serve him eviction papers, court subpeona, or what?

They do have some general forms you can get from most real estate attourneys. You might just talk to a lawyer in Cali about what you can do from there.
I should have been more specific.
He's already out and has been for some time. I just need to sue him through small claims court however since I'm from out of state, I've read up on the laws and it appears that I can get someone to represent me possibly.

I believe that there's only a year timeframe
Appreciate 0