E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Email from my dealer on E92 status

06-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
Jch330
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 328, BS CB, CA, Nav, PDC

Email from my dealer on E92 status

I emailed my SA to find out what the status was on my 328i because i have not heard of any allocation yet and this is what he reported back... unfortunately i am #3 on the list...

On 6/14/06 8:54 AM, "David" <%^&k@erhardbmw.com> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> We did get an allocation for one 335i and one 328i. Unfortunately, your
> not the first name on the list. They are scheduled to be built last week
> of
> July so that puts them here end of August/early September when the
> launch is supposed to take place.
>
> Nice job of jinxing the Pistons. We fire bombed your house.
>
> David
>
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:28 PM
> To: David
> Subject: <no subject>
>
> Hey David,
>
> I was writing to see if there have been any updates on the coupe?
> Apparently some dealers have been placing orders and supplying
> production
> numbers? I wasn’t sure if this were true and was wondering if you have
> heard any further news.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay

In my own defense, i wore my pistons jersey proudly in bars throughout south florida, so i feel that i did my part, apparently detroiters have no sympathy for those seeking a warmer climate....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 08:22 AM   #2
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
shame on you! ...just kidding

can't wait to start seeing pics of people taking deliveries of their E92s.
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
Traceaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i

Garage List
After reading your post Jay, I did the same thing. I'm #1 on the allocation list here at my dealership and dropped off my down payment back in late april/early may.

Here is my email, as well as my CA's reply:

-----Original Message-----

Received: Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:16 AM @#$@!@chapmanchoice.com writes:

I just checked and the chat room guys are either fibbing or have been lied to by the dealer with ficticious numbers to keep them on the hook.. We are still unable to preference a car(order) and the first release is tenative sept 1.. So no deliver appears possible in august so maybe we should time it for your after sept 23 date.. I'll let you know as soon as I get pricing and we can go from there if thats ok, let me know...thanks for your patience

Grady

Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:16 AM
To: Grady
Subject: Re: Hi Grady

Hey Grady, I may want to pick up my car in late Sept. as I may be out of town the first couple weeks in September. If I can get the car in mid or late August, we can move forward, but if you think I wouldnt get it till the 1st or 2nd week in Sept, we need to hold off and just push back production/delivery a few weeks. We can order it now or whenever, but I'd like to pick it up after Sept 23rd then, so let me know when you think it would arrive.

Let me know your thoughts on when it would arrive or how to handle this?

Thanks Grady!

Jeff

---------------------------
Received: Wednesday, June 15th 7:35 AM @#$@!@chapmanchoice.com writes:
I was on our bmwusa site and pricing is still not available, I can place the order now but you wanted to see the price first if you are okay with moving forward without it being subject to invoice price we probably can,,,,,,let me know asap

Grady

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:15 PM
To: $%@%@#@chapmanbmw.com
Subject: Hi Grady

Hey Grady,

I was writing to see if there have been any updates on the 335i coupe? Apparently some dealers have been placing orders and supplying production numbers? I wasn’t sure if this were true and was wondering if you have heard any further news. This is what is being posted though by a few people, but it was on some of the major forums like e90post.com, bimmerfest.com, m3forum.net, so I'm wondering if it is holding water... If so, I'm ready to order! =)

Let me know, thanks,

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
Jch330
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 328, BS CB, CA, Nav, PDC

Hmmm, my dealer told me later not to sweat it, as i am #3 between their two stores (erhard bloomfield hills, erhard farmington hills) and he said that they usually get allocations at the beginning and more than most as they are a large dealer, he mentioned that some dealerships wont get many/any for the late july build date.... is your dealer small? I dont know what is going on, i wish BMW would just tell us some prices and lock down some concrete numbers and dates. I guess this is just the price we pay for a great car!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2006, 01:39 AM   #5
DeuceDeuce
Linebacker At Large
Rep
Drives: '06 330i, '04 325i, '06 X3

I do have a production number for my 335i coupe. The dealer let me spec it out as soon as they received the allocation and it jives when I check production status with BMW NA.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2006, 05:48 AM   #6
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

How In The Hell Can They Give You Production Numbers And No Fricking Price Thats Liike Moving Into A House For A Few Months Then After Ya Nice And Cozy..then The Seller Gives You The Price... .BMW Is Shit When It Come To This And Somebodys Gonna Sue There Ass......they Are Telling Dealers To Sell The Cars On Estimated Prices... ...thats A Crock Of Hash And They Know It.....nobody Is Gonna Buy The E46 With The E92 Around The Corner, Cut Ya Damn Losses... ..and You Know This...to A Dealer Estimated Means What Ever The Sucker Is Willing To Pay....
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2006, 06:50 AM   #7
r_liebo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: MBC320 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI
How In The Hell Can They Give You Production Numbers And No Fricking Price Thats Liike Moving Into A House For A Few Months Then After Ya Nice And Cozy..then The Seller Gives You The Price... .BMW Is Shit When It Come To This And Somebodys Gonna Sue There Ass......they Are Telling Dealers To Sell The Cars On Estimated Prices... ...thats A Crock Of Hash And They Know It.....nobody Is Gonna Buy The E46 With The E92 Around The Corner, Cut Ya Damn Losses... ..and You Know This...to A Dealer Estimated Means What Ever The Sucker Is Willing To Pay....
Just Supply in demand. Every dealer, every make does this -- not just BMW. Anytime a highly anticipated model is set to arrive, this happens. Mazda's Miata, Porsche's 1st Boxster, etc. If you think this is bad, wait until the new M3 arrives. You not only will see production numbers without prices, you will see hefty "dealer surcharges" for vehicles on the lot or on the floor -- probably into the several thousands.
If I were a dealer and someone came into my showroom with more info than I had on an upcoming model and was begging to put a deposit down this early, I certainly would be accomodating. This is their livelihood after all.
If you don't like the price when it comes out, you can just get your deposit back. That is why I wouldn't put a deposit down on a pre-production car unless I had a great long-term relationship with the dealer or was prepared to pay whatever MSRP ends up. You have no leverage. The upside is you get to be one of the first with a new model, and for some that is worth the premium.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2006, 07:40 AM   #8
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

R libeo you had me up to the point when ya said I have no leverage....ya always have.... just fourtunate for me I won't have to by thru a dealer.....all I'm saying is release the fricking prices....but very very good point I have already decided M-3 aint worth the premium...gas guzzler tax 12 MPG, no thanks........but hey your right guess I'll have to wait.....
Appreciate 0