BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
imported_m3to335
Rep
Drives:

VIR Full Course, Feb 26th - TONS of track time, no traffic!

Originally this was "invite only" but we may need a few more people to make this worth while.

As the title says, on the 26th of Feb a buddy of mine is putting together an event at VIR for well experienced drivers. The idea is to get as much "on track" time as possible with little or NO traffic. This isnt your typical HPDE (if you can even call it that).

The details are still being firmed up, as well as the registration page. This is going to be one heck of a good time! Here is what I know so far...

Extreme Speed Motorsports in cooperation with Asphalt Ventures will be hosting a private, by invitation only, test and tune at VIR Full course Thursday February 26th. The event is open only to skilled Advanced+ level drivers.(Driving history and skill level may be required to be verified or your slot released and entry fee refunded.

The event is geared towards getting lots of open lap time without having to fight the typical HPDE or lapping day traffic. We will enforce passing anywhere with a point. The key word here is WITH a point. Although this is an open track day we will stress safety and courtesy that we need to make this event fun and exciting for everyone involved.

This event will be broken into 2 groups:
"The Wings" - Geared towards /track/race prepped cars who's driver/car laptimes are faster than 2:20 at VIR Full. The Wings group will be limited to the first 15 entries and on track cars limited to 10 at one time. Cost for this group is $350 and will give the driver lots of open track and low traffic sessions. Each session will be one hour long.

"The dings" Geared towards advanced level drivers who are comfortable with an open passing run group and are able to manage traffic and advanced driving techniques effectively and quickly. The "Dings" group will be cars/drivers running above 2:21 laps, this group is only for advanced solo qualified drivers. Cost for this group is $300. If I refer you will get 15% off!

We will run from 8:30-5:00 with parade laps during lunch between 12-1pm for your friends or family.

The intent is to group cars into sessions with cars of similar
speeds/laps times to prevent lots of traffic and the need for passing.

Participants should see more than 3+ hours of low traffic or traffic
free laps to work on or fine tune the skills you desire. ESM is also
working to invite a couple of highly skilled driving coaches to
further help hone your driving skills.(for an additional fee if a
driving coach is desired- cost TBD) Registration should be open by
Friday Dec ??? and slots will fill up fast.

Run groups will be broken down as follows
7:30-8:00 drivers meeting MANDATORY for all drivers
8:30-9:30 Wings
9:30-10:30 Dings
10:30- 12:00 Wings
12:00-1:00 Lunch and parade laps
1:00-2:00 Dings
2:00-3:15- Wings
3:15-4:00 Dings
4:00-5:00 Combined run groups
This will give everyone over 4 hours of possible track, more than your typical TWO day HPDE.

PM me if your interested.
-Scott