BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Annoying intermittent problem with closing boot

Has anyone else experienced this?

Occasionally when I close the boot on my coupe it pops open again and the alarm goes off. I can hear the boot release go so it is actively opening, it's not just that it didn't close properly.

As far as I can tell it only happens when the doors are already locked. I have comfort access.

My normal procedure when I get to work is to exit the car, lock the doors by touching the door handle, then get my bag from the boot.

Look forward to your comments. It's not really a big enough deal to take to the dealer but it's irritating.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

I have CA as well and I've had the "rattle" you get when you touch the door handle as it locks and unlocks but it doesn't happen often.

But, I have not experienced what you've described above. But, then again, I don't have an alarm either.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
I've had the "rattle" once. Hasn't happened again so can't really take it to dealer.

Pisses me off. I had a €20k Renault Clio before with comfort access and it worked flawlessly. Why can't BMW get it right?
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Not sure but it's definitely something to bring back to the dealer to fix.

The rattle has only happened twice to me so it's not something I worry about either. I've read where someone says it happens when you accidentaly touch the lock ribs and the handle at the same time. I wasn't paying enough attention the two times it happened to notice.

Good luck with getting your boot issue fixed.
Appreciate 0