BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2008, 02:07 AM   #1
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Angry Complain for the dealer for the Performace Catalogue

I went today for a test drive of the 135, well it was everything I hope it would be and more.

After everything finished I went to talk not with the salesman, but with the guy from the Lifestyle BMW, which is also the one that has the catalogue from the Performance parts, I ask if the prices that I had from the previous catalogues where the same or different, he told that there were no catalogues and that the prices where only realeased on monday so I could not have anything, I said, yes I do, I have the one from BMW Australia, still he said that it was not possible because they are not giving that to the customersSo at this point I was already feeling like the guy was telling me that I am a liar or that I do not even know what I was talking about.

I was already upset by then but still happy because I just finished driving the 135, then I asked about the Performance parts prices and he gave me all the prices fitted, i said what Happen if I import one part (spoiler, wheels, mirrors, etc) will they fit it here and still under warranty? He said: No, if you do that by yourself, there is no warranty, it will all be voided, we won't guarantee anything and will not help in fitting anything :eyebulge: basically he told me, if you do that then, bad luck you are on your own, because it has to pass through BMW Australia otherwise we don't care if it is BMW US or BMW Germany, no OZ, no warranty or help at all. He said that the parts are different from other countires and not the same parts so they will not fit here, I said even the mirrors or the lip spoiler, he said yes they are different.

Also when asking the prices for the performance wheels he sais 3,000 and that does not include the tyres, and I said how much will it be then if I trade in the standard wheels from the 135 for those, he said that is already the price otherwise it will be more than 6,000.

Then he said that if I order that with the car then it will also be subject to the LCT, I said well then I just wait until the car arrives here and then buy the parts, he said oh, yes then no LCT.
Finally I asked so when are you going to have them on display, he said that they will not, because it is by order!!! So that means I will have to wait more than a month for the part if I order form there.

Anyway, thank god I know better from the forum and all the help from you guys, but these kind of salesman I do not know where are they hired from.

Well bad experience there, still very happy with the 135 but not with that dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 02:27 AM   #2
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Carlos, who was this at the dealer? I delt with Damian this morning and I was very impressed with all the guys there. Nat even came and said hello and asked if we were ok and whether we'd like a coffee so I'm disappointed you had that experience.

I spoke with Kevin (asian guy) who said he'd get back to me on prices for the BMW performance wheel but was only too happy to help!

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Yeah different dealer, well I already know where I am not going to buy my car from. But at least when I went for the test drive I had the car all for myself for more htan half an hour and had a lot of fun with it, when I asked about it, they told that the car has already been sold, well poor bugger that has thar car with all the people doing that to his car, there is no way in the world I would let my car being use as a test drive vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:04 AM   #4
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Carlos..that salesman has no idea and is full of shit..
I picked up the entire performance catalogue from Sylvania about 1 month ago..
Who is your dealer..Canterbury?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

No, not canterbury, that was another dealer, yes I know the guy had no idea what he was talking about, but good thing I know better, otherwise Imagine. Anyway, so that is why before buying something, specially something expensive, you should always do your homework, so there are no surprises.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Exactly..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 04:29 AM   #7
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
No, not canterbury, that was another dealer, yes I know the guy had no idea what he was talking about, but good thing I know better, otherwise Imagine. Anyway, so that is why before buying something, specially something expensive, you should always do your homework, so there are no surprises.
Hi, very new to the forum, but are hearing the frustrations re dealers. My local experience has been better and they have been more honest regarding the "BMW import parts" for the 1. My dealer said that if they are BMW orginal parts there is no issue with warranty and further that they would install them if asked.

They had a catalogue, gave me one, but said pricing was not yet available unless I enquired through spare parts who can quote on each item individually.

I also asked about the performance wheel set, in particular if I purchased them from the dealer would they trade them with my standard 18's and they said no. Bugger. On that basis it makes sense to get some from somewhere like United BMW in the US.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #8
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Good hearing that mate, who is your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #9
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Hi, very new to the forum, but are hearing the frustrations re dealers. My local experience has been better and they have been more honest regarding the "BMW import parts" for the 1. My dealer said that if they are BMW orginal parts there is no issue with warranty and further that they would install them if asked.

They had a catalogue, gave me one, but said pricing was not yet available unless I enquired through spare parts who can quote on each item individually.

I also asked about the performance wheel set, in particular if I purchased them from the dealer would they trade them with my standard 18's and they said no. Bugger. On that basis it makes sense to get some from somewhere like United BMW in the US.

Cheers
Prices are available now for all the parts currently available in Australia, if you want a BMW retail price list send me an email or PM and i'd be happy to pass it on, if you want something in particular it will be better if you organose a group buy and i can reduce the costs significantly, all works on bulk at the moment.
Appreciate 0