BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2008, 06:11 AM   #1
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

BMW Col Crawford launch...but GTR was there

Hi guys. I went to the official 135 launch tonight at Col Crawford in Brookvale.

Was a good night and they have a couple of cars which are very close to my ideal spec (except sunroof and adaptive headlights) so I am test driving at 9 am and could be very tempted to buy one of them. One is AW the other is Black Saphire both with black leather. Both looked awesome. Took some pics but there were so many people there and I 'm a crap photographer so they are not worth putting up.

But as we were leaving I saw a bunch of people on another level of the complex at another launch and as we drove out a black flash came past me and stopped at the lights. I actually didnt notice it but my wife said - "Whats that?" So i look ahead and its the new Nissan GTR. The lights tuned green and this thing was gone in a moment. So quick it was ridiculous. They must have been taking people for drives in it - at pace. It sounded incredible and looked so aggressive. I would love one but I have been banned by the wife who fears for my well being.:smile:. Not to mention the extra 70k which I really can't afford.

But anyway. I've booked the first test drive tomorrow at 9am for the 135 and can't wait.

Have to say the sales guy new every detail of all the options and was very helpful. I almost gave my credit card details on the spot for the black one but mrs harpoon talked some sense in to me.:smile:
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Mate you'll see that as soon as you test drive the car you will buy it, and let Mrs Harpoon, go on the test drive, lol!!!!
Let us know how was it.
The GTR as far as I have read is an awesome car, but for the money I would still get an M3 or an C63
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Test drove the 135i coupe today..
What can I say that hasnt been said..
Then drove the 135i convertible and to be honest, you cant even feel the difference in body roll or sway.
Was lucky enough to be allowed to be allowed to take the vert home for the night.
15 days to delivery and counting.........
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Vert for the night! Lovely touch from the dealership! I would be half way to Newcastle by now.

And have to say the vert does look very very nice. Better than the 3 series vert I think.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Which dealer Zuzu? Convertible for the night, that is a very good dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Which dealer Zuzu? Convertible for the night, that is a very good dealer.
Hi Carlos..I am personal friends with the Dealer Principle at Sylvania..
Personal favour to me..
But..its awesome..:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Carlos, what if you already have a C63????? Lol. Honestly I am sooo tempted by one of those GT-R. It' dirt cheap for what it delivers, a bit like all our little 1 terror. But 3 things are holding me back from going down to the dealer and plonking down a $5k deposit.
1. Given the speed this thing can achieve and the ease in doing so, I fear I may do something silly!
2. The service cost is meant to be very very high. Each time you track the car, you have to take it back to Nissan for a $1000 service (at least in Japan) as it uses some pretty high tech materials. At 100,000km, you have to strip the engine down. This doesn't really agree with me given that every Porsche I have owned, I only change the oil if I do a very hard track day, and have never had to do anything beyond a regular once a year $500-700 service.
3. I need to sit in an actual car to see if my back is ok sitting in this car. No point buying yet another car that I cannot sit it...

Oh and there is a forth reason...convincing the minister of finance...lol
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #8
aus_buster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

WAY same here. My missus said that she wont step foot inside a Nissan! how snobby can ya get?!!?
      05-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #9
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Oh my missus isn't wasn't about it being a Nissan, she is just worried about having another car lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Yes, Wayne, the Nissan for what it delivers and the price is like the little 1, but I heard all that about how delicate it is and how expensive it will be to service the car and how often you will have to do it.
BUt for the price you will get comparable power as a 430 or a 997 Turbo, still too delicate and because Nissan Australia is not going to deliver the car at least until next year, I reckon it is too long to wait; but I completely agree on it being a very desirable car.
Appreciate 0