BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Clutch click at kick point

Okay, I've had my car 1 day over a month, and this has been bothering me since I've picked it up from the dealer. It had 13 miles on the odo when i got her. I had told my sales guy that i don't want to see anything over 10 miles on my new car. But when it came down to it, 3 miles didn't warrant me ordering another car and go through the grueling long wait again.

So the thing that bothers me is that when I clutch in, and then lift off (still in neutral) at around the kick point, i can feel something like a compressed spring being let go, and the same can be felt in the stick. I've never experienced anything like this in my suby, either on a stock or a exedy stage 1 clutch. So I was just wondering if any of you other owners have the same thing, or is there something wrong with my clutch. Thanks in advance (TIA)!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
ichiban
Colonel
Rep

bump!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #3
ichiban
Colonel
Rep

someone help! I might just call the dealer about this.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
Okay, I've had my car 1 day over a month, and this has been bothering me since I've picked it up from the dealer. It had 13 miles on the odo when i got her. I had told my sales guy that i don't want to see anything over 10 miles on my new car. But when it came down to it, 3 miles didn't warrant me ordering another car and go through the grueling long wait again.

So the thing that bothers me is that when I clutch in, and then lift off (still in neutral) at around the kick point, i can feel something like a compressed spring being let go, and the same can be felt in the stick. I've never experienced anything like this in my suby, either on a stock or a exedy stage 1 clutch. So I was just wondering if any of you other owners have the same thing, or is there something wrong with my clutch. Thanks in advance (TIA)!
It could just be a sensitive clutch delay valve. Take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

1983 E21 Delphin, M10, 5 speed, LSD, MSW wheels, recaro seats, Hartge strut brace, rear sway bar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
gadget12345
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

I think you are describing the same feel as I have on my 1 - Which I have rationalized as due to a strong clutch spring, a CDV and a new car with a different bite point than my GTI.

Re: 'Sensitive CDV' - I'm not understanding that comment ; my understanding is the 'Clutch Delay Valve' has no mechanicals and is a restricted flow port.

I will be able to tell you if it all gets better with the CDV delete mod shortly - Most other folks on the board recommend it highly.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
ichiban
Colonel
Rep

I have a modified CDV sitting on my desk. I just schedule to have my car be looked at next week. If everything's cool i'll put the CDV in.
Appreciate 0