F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 Seat Twist
ARMA SPEED

03-30-2024, 08:39 PM   #1
DontKnow
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW f30

Hey yall, my seat on my F30 passenger side only moves forward/backwards on one side only. I was able to to take the two bolts on the side of the seat rail that gave me more access to under the seat where the motor was. There was to cable plugged into to the motor from each side. The one on the left side (short cable) of the seat would spin whenever I press the power button to move the seat backwards/forwards, however I noticed the right side (longer cable) was not spinning as I pressed power button. I believe that may be the issue. I was able to to take the end going into the motor out and seen that the wire end was tangled and damaged. However the other end that’s connected to the rail is stuck on and I am not sure hot to go about removing that in order to replace the whole cable. I will attach pictures of the longer wire cable if possible.

In the pictures you can see the mangled wire and the motor I removed it from. I am not sure how to take the other end out(which is not shown in picture) and how to got about replacing the cable wire.

Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0