BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

video cameras for shooting in/out car video

not sure if this goes in this forum, track forum, or off topic but anyway...

does anyone have any experience w/ recent, hd video cameras specifically for in-car video? what about for outside the car?

i searched "video camera" and found larryn's post about his homemade mounts but nothing on cameras directly. i'm personally interested in the sony hdr-sr12 and am looking for opinions on this or competing products.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

I don't know much about vid cams (more of a DSLR guy).. but perhaps something with some type of image stability and high frames per second.. I notice a lot of the videos with bad quality also have to do with the light metering, because inside of the car is dark and outside may be too bright or too dark. Something with good metering could help when the brightness levels are changing quickly. You might want to look into some forums where people track their cars often and see what type of equipment they use to record with.
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
yak52pilot
Rep
Drives:

I am using ChaseCam in ExigeS and it works just fine. The regular "big" cameras dont work too good just because they are heavy and you cant get rid of the shaking even if you use optical stabilization.
Appreciate 0