F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F32 xdrive wierd sound from wheel
GetBMWParts

12-28-2023, 04:13 PM   #1
beefcake123
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

F32 xdrive wierd sound from wheel

Hello, I have f32 440i xdrive. Recently I noticed wierd sound when driving. I think it’s comming from left rear wheel. It’s noticable with window down driving around 40-60km/h. It’s the most noticeable when driving along some wall and sound bounces back. Frequency is changing with speed and it’s more noticeable when slightly turning, it gets louder when turning right sometimes even when turning left. When going straight it’s not that noticeable. It’s like wierd hissing or “ccccc” type of sound. I’ll try to attach video but I’m not sure if it can be heard on the video. There are no wobbles or rumbling sounds.

I have fresh winter tyres and new brakes. I tried to push away the brake dust covers with some chopsticks 😀, but it didnt help. I cannot jack up the car so thats all I could really do. Car has 100k km.

Do you guys have any idea what it could be? I’m thinking wheel bearing or cv joint but the sound doesn’t mach that. Any idea is welcome. Thank you.

Please see the video:
https://youtube.com/shorts/3lSm-nfXa...qPdhfJOqLZBtPa
Appreciate 0