BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Leaking Sunroof - How LOng to replace seals and foam

11-21-2023, 08:34 AM   #1
X7 Dan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Leaking Sunroof - How LOng to replace seals and foam

All,

My 2019 X7 with Pano Roof is leaking and water comes through the switches on the centre panel. BMW have said the foam seal needs to be replaced and to do this you may aswell replace the side seals aswell as the glass needs to come out. They have said the allocated time for this is 7hrs to remove and replace the glass. This seems an incredible amount of time. Anyone know what the time is on the BMW Jobsheet for this work? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 09:08 AM   #2
sharp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

I can't answer your question, but I recently contacted an authorized glass company, and they told me the full windshield replacement process will take 2 days. Not only does the windshield replacement take time, but the camera and sensors have to be realigned and reprogrammed. So yeah, it all takes time.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 09:22 AM   #3
tinfoiltuna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp View Post
I can't answer your question, but I recently contacted an authorized glass company, and they told me the full windshield replacement process will take 2 days. Not only does the windshield replacement take time, but the camera and sensors have to be realigned and reprogrammed. So yeah, it all takes time.
That seems excessive - I had to have my windshield replaced, and someone came out to the house and did it in ~3-4 hours including calibrating sensors and doing test drives. OEM glass.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 09:32 AM   #4
sharp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoiltuna View Post
That seems excessive - I had to have my windshield replaced, and someone came out to the house and did it in ~3-4 hours including calibrating sensors and doing test drives. OEM glass.
Thanks for your response. I guess the replacement process can vary. Knowing how complex BMWs are I would be hesitant to let the mobile glass replacement company change a windshield in my driveway. But it's just me. May I ask how much you paid for the windshield replacement?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 09:41 AM   #5
tinfoiltuna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp View Post
Thanks for your response. I guess the replacement process can vary. Knowing how complex BMWs are I would be hesitant to let the mobile glass replacement company change a windshield in my driveway. But it's just me. May I ask how much you paid for the windshield replacement?
Yeah I was nervous the entire time to be honest. I used Safelite, which is what insurance recommended. Note this was just the windshield. Insurance covered the cost 100%, I had to request OEM though and insurance had to approve (it was quick). On the receipt the list price of the glass is $1680 and $300 for labor - but what insurance paid was much less (about $558) and I paid $0. So what you’d pay out of pocket, no idea.
Appreciate 1
sharp138.00