BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Alittle dealer experiance....

11-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

Alittle dealer experiance....

so, me and my buddy have a monthly ritual of taking a saturday and visiting a few dealerships and driving a few new cars out on the market or just to check some older ones out.....we hit MB, honda, porche, etc

anyway, we ventured over to the BMW store that i have my deposit on the 1 at. and thats when the fun started i guess. First of all very crowded and my salesman was pretty busy so i had to wait. I kinda just wanted to BS with him about launch dates and check on any info he has for me. Up to this point he hasnt even called to inform me about official pricing yet i pretty much have a bad taste in my mouth. anyway, I decided to drive a 335 cause i havent driven one yet, atleast i wanted to drive on. after about 25 minutes my salesman finally was free and seemed alittle annoyed that i wanted to discuss my 1er order. He told he had received the pricing but he was informed that the options and package prices were NOT official. so then i threw him a curveball and asked about a 335 coupe cause i told him i was getting inpatient. I simply asked about what the 3 leases for and he fired right at me right away "700" a month with prem, sport. I was like :eyebulge:. I said ok we run some numbers for me. By the way, he told they NO test drive 335's for me to drive....bunch of BS. he runs the numbers and it came to 730 a month. i was like ok great. he said just hang tight and be patient. I am an impulse buyer and i felt like he just was ushering me out. i am annoyed cause they have my money right now for the one and i think i deserved alittle more attention. then i said, ok well will you know some pricing and packaging on the 1 before i preorder? he said he doubts it. And then didnt wanna engage in conversation anymore.

so basically i have an awful taste in my mouth especially after leaving MB and having a great experience and getting some great numbers.

sorry guys its sunday night and i am just venting

thats all.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
135idrive
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Hey NJK, I have had experiences like that myself and sometimes from the same guy I had the great time only weeks before. I would stay with the same guy for now and let him know how upset you were 'customers' always right' and use it to your advantage. If I were him I think I would try to give a little to make my customer happy. Anyway, just my 2 cents!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

You went in on a Saturday: busiest day of the week- maybe the guy was swamped?
Hit your dealer mid-week and I'll bet they treat you a lot differently.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
dsm9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Funny stuff, which dealership are you working with?

I have not heard from my dealer that I put a deposit down either...if I don't hear from him in the next couple of weeks I'm going to get pissed.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm9 View Post
Funny stuff, which dealership are you working with?

I have not heard from my dealer that I put a deposit down either...if I don't hear from him in the next couple of weeks I'm going to get pissed.
i would rather not say but i think i am overreacting, im just inpaient
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
dsm9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

you can always send a PM
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Saturday is the worst day of the week to try and get anywhere at the dealership, just to throw that out there. Sunday is not ideal either. Go during the week during the middle of the day, or later in the evening if you want someone to pay attention to you.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #8
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

+1.. i am a dealer and i feel your pain, but im pleased to say the least, in regards to everyone who responded on here... I can bet that your salesmen was just swamped and it's VERY hard to juggle potential customers, deliverys and "walk in's" on a sat of all days.. its soundz funny but i bet if you called your salesmen and set an appointment with him, he would bend over backwards for you. I wouldnt take it personnly
Appreciate 0